hello from the brew city

nick84

Local time
10:04 AM
Hi everyone I just got done putting together my first MB....was kind of a pain with the directions being kind of crappy, but got it all together. started it up and it was either idling too high or stuck in full throttle...either way I will figure it out tomorrow sometime. I put this 66cc kit from kingsmotorbikes on an old beater 10 speed bike...a little scary when you go fast...going to swap over some fat mountain bike tires before I ride again. Well enough rambling from me. This seems like a very cool community, I am glad to of found this hobby.
Nick

Hello, Nick.

We're glad you found us.

As for your high idle/WOT trouble, I'd guess that you don't have the brass slide in the carburetor correctly. It has a narrow groove that slips over a very small pin. If it's turned even a little bit it won't seat properly.

I made one of my MBs out of an old ten-speed. I switched the front fork for one of the shock absorber types that you find on cheap department store mountain bikes. They're easy enough to find in the trash. The rear chain-stays will just barely fit a mountain bike tire and wheel. (though that might or might not be true for other ten-speeds).

I can't put a fender on the back wheel, but other than that it's a pretty convincing ten-speed to mountain bike conversion.

Have fun with it.

Yup I had the brass slide in there wrong...it's fixed now..I just need to find a couple of 26" mountain bike wheels and I will be set :)

Back