Hello from the great northwet!

DJM3

Local time
5:18 PM
I'm an old fool ex punk grunge dude from Seattle and yes I know/knew him so there you are.
I'm working on my first MB with a 49cc frame wizzy/china/thingy getting ****ed off about the **** rag spoke thingy trying to find an alternative for a 700/29er 32 spoke wheel getting no where fast. Might have to buy a new bike just to have a place for the engine.
Anyway I'm an old punk musician from seattle, oh yes said that already that plays guitar and bass and sings/screeches. I like to travel and was even thinking of doing a trip down the coast if I ever have some money. I've had the MB up and running several times but broke spokes, chain and even blew out the head gasket once (was not very well torqued down) but I took motorcycle mechanics so that part was easy. Anyway I guess I have some questions to ask, mostly about getting something going for a replacement of that "how the hello could someone come up with that spoke torture kits?"

Welcome to MBc, 'old fool ex grunge dude.' Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

I think that your best bet, if your motor, mountings, and bolts (stainless steel I hope in our climate,) are all in good condition would be to get a second hand bike from a -neighbor, police, King County Sheriff, etc. or buy a new 'cheapy' from Wally World or K-Mart. once you get all of the bugs ironed out, either sell that one off, or run it into the ground. Then, buy yourself a rood MB setup. Save the 700 29er for leisure pedaling around town. Good Luck to you.

BTW, speaking of "old grunge dudes", I made it to the World's Fair in 1962 and stayed for a little over a month. Trouble was that I only had enough money to last a week. I found myself playing Tenor Sax with A NW Coast group 4 nights/week. That was the type of music that the Kingsmen ('Louis, Louis') and Wailers (out of Tacoma 'Tall Cool One'--not the Jamaican guys) were putting out. Lived with them on a houseboat on Lake Union, drinking 3.2 Oly, and watching the empty bottles sink. Not that the music trivia has anything to do with MBc, but I thought I'd throw it in for free.<grin>

Back