Hello from the land of OZ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by schulze 123, Dec 20, 2010.

1. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick hello from another motorbicycling enthusiast who lives in Adelaide Australia. My ride has been fitted with a Rock Solid 50cc kit and I have fitted a tuned pipe to boost the level of torque and smooth out the power delivery. I have just recently fitted a set of Suntour Epicon forks and that has made a real difference to the handling.
    Looking forward to hearing from other riders here in Adelaide.

Cheers BJ

Attached Files:

2. tskrem

tskrem Member

wow. love the bike.

3. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Here are a few more detailed images of my ride. The base bike was a Standish Mt.Lofty which had ridgid forks and rim brakes.

Attached Files:

4. curtisfox

curtisfox Member

AWESOME bike. Welcome aboard.

Were did you get the exaust pipe? does it act as a tunner also?

5. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

welcome

i have a few questions ..

1 .. i also have a rocksolid motor a hp1 48cc with billet head , ceramic piston , billet clutch arm an cover ,billet inlet ...i believe they now hp2 .so my motor is all silver and looks new still so why is urs silver bottom an black barrel,head?

2 i love the pipe where it from an how much ?

3 im in nsw syd

brad :grin5::bowdown:

6. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Hi,
    The pipe was aquired from a sidewalk sale and was designed for use on a 60cc model aircraft engine and yes it is a tuned pipe of the 1/2 wave variety.

Cheers BJ

7. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Hi Brad,
    Here are the answers to your questions.

1 - The black head and barrel are my doing as the motor was getting quite hot , well above 120 degrees C and after painting it now runs at just under 100.

2 - The pipe was bought at a sidewalk sale for $50.00 and the stainless steel header pipe components from a model aircraft shop called DL Engines Australia for another $65.00. This shop also does a similar alloy tuned pipe for $118.00 and Tony from Rock Solid was going to look into trialing this as it would be alot cheaper than making pipes from scratch. The origin of my pipe is from a manufacturer called MTW but there price is over $200.00 just for the chaber section and extra for the header.

3 - I live in Adelaide SA.

Cheers BJ

8. Didz

Didz Member

Nice to see another local.

How good are those rear shelfs, I purchased the same one just waiting for it to arrive.

9. tskrem

tskrem Member

i saw that type at big w for 35 bucks. mine i purchased from the pt adelaide markets. Didz and schulze you need to go there for bike parts. its the best. the guy who sells the stuff there is called tony i think.. but really cheap! open 9-5 every sunday. except this sunday i think lol.

10. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

I wish the Topeak rack I bought was $35.00. Mine was $99.00:( and the same again for the bag unit that locks onto it. But I must say that it is so good not to have to use occy straps to hold your bag on.

Cheers BJ

11. gothicguy64

gothicguy64 Member

im jealous

i cant wait for my $1000 dsp loan on jan 6 to order sbp pipe an shift kit ....
    as is my old shaft with a 44 rear did 65 kph from a worked 48 an long poo ...
    im hopin to add 15 kph so revs at 50 kph will lower an gears ...

ohhh a good syd bike shop for both parts and a 350 will fit engine hardtail is
    cellbikes ..
    cellbikes.com.au
    try lookin at mb imports bikes for type
    mb imports.com.au

brad

12. schulze 123

schulze 123 Member

Hi all,
    Just thought I would share a little more of my background with you. I did a 4 year apprenticeship as a Diesel Mechanic and as a sideline job spent 3years part time working on Outboard motors. My main hobby back then was motor bikes and model aircraft (the latter I still do). 10 years was spent racing 125cc and 80cc GP motor bikes, during this time Ispent 3 years as a mechanic for a motor bike dealership. I have attached a picture of my 80cc GP bike that I built from scratch.

Cheers BJ

Attached Files:

13. tskrem

tskrem Member

whoah!! i have just recently got into motogp. going to philip island nxt yr. road my uncles 125 and got hooked! ive recently bought a 125 dirt and a 49 cag. love the bike.