Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bushman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Bushman

Bushman New Member

Hi everyone. I am currently working on my first build. Actually I'm working on two of them. I will need help and know this is a great place to find it from what I have read so far. I just got the first one running yesterday and have a minor problem that I will post for help on later today. I am a manufacturing engineer with of machining and CAD/CAM programming experience. I am looking forward to maybe building some specialized parts. Anyway, nice to meet you all.

2. fm2200

fm2200 Member

You sound somewhat over qualified for this low tech hobby. I'm sure there are things here that you can learn from, there are a lot of good tips and innovated ideas. Some of these guys are dyed in the wool mechanical know it all's. I have lots of years of mechanical knowledge in jet aircraft,(4 yrs in Air Force) motorcycle's, cars and trucks. I drive mostly old cars and motorcycles the newest car I have is a 1994 Chrysler Concord, the oldest 1988 Chevy pickup. Welcome to the forum and good luck.
  3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. We tend to make parts out of things we have laying around. Maybe you can add your hi-tech skills to come up with some really cool stuff.
  4. Bushman

Bushman New Member

I to enjoy the challenge of making things work with whatever I have laying around. I am looking forward to a build from scratch from an older bike. I am presently keeping an eye open at garage sales etc.
  5. fm2200

fm2200 Member

The most important thing is having adequate brakes. Bicycle brakes are ok for low speeds but if you get up to 20+ the standard brakes of a bicycle won't do it. This may sound like your father talking but this is real important.