Hello, hello, hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ltrbrooks, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ltrbrooks

ltrbrooks New Member

Hi All,

New to motoredbikes, motored bikes and motorbikes. Some experience with mountain bikes. But all in all, pretty new.

Found y'all following on from Derringer website, seeing what else was out there and now aiming to build an *ahem* homage to the Derringer - after all, half a days research on the ol' intertron was enough to find all the parts they use, so all they've really got is pretty colours so why not build your own for a fraction of the price and have more fun and learn something?

Oh and being from the Unified Kingdom not the Unification of States, I'll save the import costs!

If that goes OK, I'd like to try mixing in some modern mountain bike technology and go for something a bit steam punk-esque-ish-sort-of-thing.

So, to get me started then, if anyone has got any bright ideas how I could get hold of a Sun Bicycles Atlas frame, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Vielen Danke!

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

sounds like you have a plan!!

where in the UK are ya?

welcome to MBc.
  3. ltrbrooks

ltrbrooks New Member

Thanks srdavo!

I'm Cambridge/Norfolk based (if the isle of Britannia is a person with Scotland as a head, Cornwall as feet, Norfolk is her sizable rump!) so lots of straight, flat roads to look forward to.
  4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I'm afraid all of those names you mentioned are completely new to me.

But I'm often amazed at how much some of these folks here know about obscure vehicles. There's at least a decent chance that someone here will have something for you.

good luck
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

heh.... derringer cycles is a "designer" happytime shop in LA.
    way overpriced if ya ask me.
    Did anybody ask me? :rofl: