Hello, I'm new, help with 29'ER

Krzysztof

Local time
12:46 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forums.
Last year I bought a Cannondale 2011 SL 4 29'ER
I love the bike, and I would love to ride it to work but work is about 9 miles each way. I am not the best of shapes.

I did lil research and seems like its very strict to have a motorized bike in Philadelphia PA. Even if I would make it a legal bike I bet I would be stopped by every cop on every corner.

So I wanna make the bike into a electric powered front geared for easy installation. But seems like I did not find any kit that supplies a 29 inch motor wheel. But i did find these awesome forums. Any suggestions on how to build one and where to get good kits? Also any electric bolt on motors to wheel?

Thank you

Welcome to MBc. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

I am afraid that I, personally, cannot help with your dilemma. However, we do have a whole forum devoted to electric (or eBikes.) I'm sure that if you start reading the posts in that area, and post a well-thought-out question or two, you will find a helpful guru ready to help. Good Luck to you.

Patrick

Hello, I'm new to the forums.
Last year I bought a Cannondale 2011 SL 4 29'ER
But seems like I did not find any kit that supplies a 29 inch motor wheel.

Thank you

Mostly all of the hub motor companies sell a 700c wheel which is what you need for your bike. Try here for a complete kit for starters: http://goldenmotor.com/

Back