Hello motorheads

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dug3x3, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Dug3x3

Dug3x3 Guest

Hello , my name is doug , 40yrs old, married , 3 kids, type A blood. I am a excavation contractor by trade. For my hobby I have a small off road vehicle business that i have been working on for the last few years. www.dugbike.net I've been thinking of building a motorized bike and tobbogan. I happened on to this site from a internet search. This is a very interesting and knowledgable place from what i have been reading. Hope i can contribute some help someday. Thanks , doug

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

uh, oh...he gave us his blood-type...do you crash a lot? :shock:

hehe...cool little intro. it seems you'll have some good input for us as this young motorsport self-defines, have a look around and jump in wherever suits yer fancy :)

welcome to the MBc :cool:

3. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!

4. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome. RH positive?

5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

LOL! I don't know what blood type I am but I have an organ donor sticker on my drivers license. The first week I had my MB i tired off road and ended up on the road.

We are glad you are here Doug, welcome to MBc. It does sound like you have a lot to offer. any Motored bike in the near future? If you come up with an off road one, that'd be sweet.

6. Dug3x3

Dug3x3 Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Yes Scottm , I am a offroad person, I have never had any other thought than making it a two wheel drive. Dual engines?? chain drive front?? Dunno , but i am a Robin engine dealer and four sure am wanting to use a Robin. I'll need you guys input on what bike to use , and what engines are popular. I thought maybe the Robin EHO35?? Thanks alot. doug

7. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome Dug to MBc

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

cya down in the "rack-mount" area, for sure. and it sounds like you're a candidate for "wild (off) the streets" too :evil:

2 belt drives would propel sabrina-2.1 quite nicely...stop it! see what you done now? puttin' all those crazy ideas out here for vulnerable people like me to see... ;)

9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Welcome!!! Them old Rokon TrailBreakers were a two wheel drive off road motorcycle, mlooking into th ose might give you some ideas on a twd motoredbike...

10. Dug3x3

Dug3x3 Guest

Thanks uncle punk13 - I have a Rokon two wheel drive bike and i build my own version of two wheel drive motorcycle . You can check out my bike at my website. T hanks for the tip anyways. :grin:

11. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Cool man! My latest non motoredbike whizzer project is utilizing the three speed kick start transmission from a pre-'73 Rokon... But that's for the White Zone forum, so back to this thread, your welcome, and good to have ya' here, it seems like you'll have some great stuff to contribute!

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

13. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

welcome to MBc!!!!

14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc. Could you PM me with price and specs on that Robin 7 horse? That looks a lot like what I may need if I ever get back to working on my snow bike.

15. hello & welcome to mbc.