Hello new member here from Santa Clara, CA

Joecomm

Local time
8:08 AM
Just wanted to say "hello" to everyone and introduce myself. My name in Joseph and live here in Santa Clara, California. I, like many others, have spent most of my life playing with bicycles in one way or another. The last few years I have been interested in electric power bikes and scooters. Just in the last few months, I became interested in gas powered bikes. I am attaching some pictures of my first build that was a father and son project that my Dad helped me with. Thanks...Joseph

Attachments

• Clyde-1.jpg
    Clyde-1.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Clyde-2.jpg
    Clyde-2.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Clyde-3.jpg
    Clyde-3.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 124
  • Clyde-4.jpg
    Clyde-4.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Clyde-5.jpg
    Clyde-5.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Clyde-6.jpg
    Clyde-6.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 134
Hi Joecomm -

Welcome aboard! That is an outstanding job and a really clean build; appealing to the eye. Tell your dad that you and he did a great job!

MikeJ

Welcome

Hi Joecomm, Welcome to M.B.c.
VERY nice bike. Well thought out, well executed. Great Build. You and your dad make a good team.
Big Red.
San Jose, Ca.

Santa Clara Build.

Hey Joecomm, I just noticed. Is that a Chinese spark plug and wire setup I see in pic.#6? If I may suggest, You may want to replace both before one or the other fails in the middle of a ride when you're several miles from home. I learned the hard way about this more than once. The stuff is just too cheap to hold up for very long. All ya need is an NKG or autolite or...... medium range plug and auto or lawnmower or..... plug wire. Nothing special, just better quality than the chinese stuff.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Spark Plug and Wire

Hi Big Red,
It probably is. It is the one it came with. I will take a look. I bought the engine on another junker bicycle a few months ago from Craigslist. Any suggestion on the NGK part number? Thank you for your help...Joecomm

Spark plug.

Hi Big Red,
It probably is. It is the one it came with. I will take a look. I bought the engine on another junker bicycle a few months ago from Craigslist. Any suggestion on the NGK part number? Thank you for your help...Joecomm
Sorry, Don't know the # on the NGK. The # on the Autolite I have is#216. I always just take the old plug in with me and match it up. I'm sure one of these M.B. Guru's know the part number for the NGK. A lot of the people here get a lot more high tech than I do. There are really some very experienced builders on this site so keep it plugged in here, You could learn a lot.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Wow! That looks great!!!
I love the front suspension on the bike. Very cool.
How do you like it so far??

Front suspension

Thank you. It was a lot of fun to build, and even more fun to ride. I really like the springer front end also. The jack shaft with the 7 speed rear hub is really nice. The brakes got a little more involved than we had planned. I knew I would have to braze on some mounts on the springer front end, but did not think about losing my coaster brake with the jack shaft kit. My Dad machined those custom aluminum blocks to mount the rear brake calipers to. This project all started with a bike with a motor that I bought a few months ago from Craigslist. The bike was junk, but the motor was pretty much new. I scrapped the bike, and put the motor setup on the shelf. My brother-in-law gave me this bike a couple of months ago, and that's how this all started. Thanks again.

Back