hello, newbie from texas!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jonboy2five, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jonboy2five

jonboy2five Member

my name is jb and i WILL be motorizinng a 24" adult bmx bike. i have been reading your forum for a while to learn what works, etc. i would really appreciate advice on motors. i can handle lots of stuff on my own, so as long as i get an engine i will be happy with i am set. i hate to say this but i am not as green as a lot of you...power rules! i am considering a chung yang 42 or 46cc scooter motor as well as tanaka, active and others. it will definitely be a 2 stroke. i am surprised at the price difference between motors and kits as the kits seem to be a few brackets,cables and sprockets at a cost of several hundred dollars. not money well spent from a value standpoint, at least from where i sit....you guys thoughts on this???

2. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Hello jb and welcome to MBc! Good luck and happy motoring...you have found the right place lots of info..our search tool helps pretty well with what ever questions you may need help with...enjoy the ride

3. jonboy2five

jonboy2five Member

thanks quay!!!!!!!!!!!1

;oP

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi jb. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to keep you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

5. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!