Hello people. New guy on the block that needs help on a WHIZZER

ducks1

Local time
4:25 AM
I acquired a WHIZZER that's a 1999 model with a WC1 engine. Has 250 mi. on it. It hasn't been started in 5 years. I tore apart the carb and cleaned it out. I got it running. There's oil coming out the breather. It wont idle, even if I screw the idle screw in all the way. Was running good till today. Now it labors to get to 20 mph.CAUSE? I also read that you can drill out the carb spacer to get more ponies out of it, I'd like to get at least 30mph. BUT my intake is different then what is saw. On mine the intake is part of the cylinder and there's a flange that screws on to it for the carb. The bike is in good shape and I want to be able to drive and have fun on it and at least keep up with my brother-in-law who has a SACH. Any Help? thanks

Look in the float bowl to see if there is any trash. That could of splashed up into one of the carb orifices which requires cleaning again.

Thanks much

Thank you jaguar, As a matter a fact I took off the carb today and was thinking the same thing. I also like the other info you posted. There's 1 jet in there that I don't know if the hole go's all the way through or not. I believe it's the center one that the slide needle uses. I was also thinking about taking the spring off the idle screw to get it in further. I don't think it's raising the slide up. On the bottom is like 6 very small holes. I'll have to look closer tomorrow. Wish there were a clinton or motors or some other sort of manual for this thing like there is for auto's. lol. TKS. AGAIN.

Tough blockages in those channels need you to stick a wire up in them and rotate it. Get wire from twist-ties or from stranded copper wires.

Back