Hello, thanks for having me

Smokey Carter

Local time
5:58 PM
I ride a four-stroke cruiser. I registered cause it's hard to get info, even in South Orange County, Calif. where I ride. I bought the bike and haven't gotten a lot of feedback from the shop where I purchased the bike. Feels kinda like I'm on my own.

The bike runs awesome and I use it to commute to work everyday. But the gas tank feels a bit cheap. The cap is loose and to tighten it, I had to fiddle with the tank opening. When I hit a bump, it leaks a little gas. Fells like my man parts are at risk. Any way to stop that leaking? Should I look at upgrading the tank? It's one of those simple, welded tanks from China.

I could use some help...Should I try to find a new gas cap? I've tried a rubber o ring. still leaky.

Thanks!

Welcome to MBc, Smokey. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

For now, Smokey, I would get rid of that cheapy chinese fuel 'bomb' and replace it as soon as possible before it explodes taking out your 'family jewels' as well as the rest of you and your cruiser!!! A leaking gas tank between your thighs is Death waiting to happen. And, btw, don't consider yourself alone any longer...you have well over a thousand members to help you. Good Luck to you.

Patrick

Back