hello!! trying a 6 inch diameter planer motor 110 v -rewiring to 48 volt-hope it will

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jmsmedia, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

hoping this 110 volt motor will work at 36 volt dc on my electric bicycle project.The motor is a little noisy-that will be good the bike may be used in shows-the motor has brushes and rpm is extreme- at 48 volt will cut rpm in half-:cool:

2. wildemere

wildemere Member

If it is 110VDC (unlikely) it might go OK on 48VDC.

3. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

110 volt dc motoe with brushes runs off dc 48 volt also

HI!! 110 volt ac -is the motor-no doubt-however this ac brush motor 10;000 rpm also will work on dc-I hooked it yo 36 volt dc-ran at 1/3 the rpm approx. (3 -12 volt batteries in series-seems to me should work well-this project has 0 budget-also i"m bolting on a matching rim -plenty of clearance on this bike for the extra rim for pulley-thanks!! for the response all-I just can"t believe there are other people building bikes! I"m a 57 year nut I know-james

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  4. jmsmedia

jmsmedia New Member

amazing!!! is this motor 24,000 rpm?

can you believe this? the motor i"m mounting on a bicycle says its 8000 rpm at planer head-that would mean at 1/4 the pulley size-the motor would have to be turning at 3 x the rpm of 8,000=24,000-is that correct?-the motor sounds like 24,000 -whines like a router motor-the motor is ac dc motor (brush type motor) i I also had a bit of luck today mounting pulley on bicycle wheel!