Hello y'all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Burke, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Burke

Burke New Member

Hi there, I just registered for the forums and I'm just posting a courtesy hello. I'm very VERY glad to have discovered these forums. : )

My name is Burke. I don't yet have a bicycle motor but am in the process of deciding which one to buy....which is what I'll be graciously asking y'all for help with. Thanks to extensive reading of this forum, I have narrowed it down to two choices.

I'm a musician, and last year I went on a national tour, playing shows in places everywhere from Los Angeles to Atlanta to New York City to Seattle, using a combination of (non-motorized) bicycle and train (I did about 5,000 miles by train and about 5,000 miles by bicycle).

I'm telling you that stuff not to brag, just to give you a little background. : )

Anyway, this year I'm going to go on tour again, but this time I'm going to use a motorized bicycle, so that I can get places quicker and play more shows and not have to use the train.

But, like I said, I'm still trying to pick out which motor to get, and I'll post that question on the "Commuting and Traveling By Motorized Bike" forum.

Thanks for an awesome forum, y'all....it's a pleasure to be here!

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome Burke. Sounds like a lot of fun. If the technology was just a bit more developed, I'd recommend a push trailer to carry your stuff and push you merrily along. Some of the members have pushed the tech a long way recently.

3. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc

4. kerf

kerf Guest

Welcome aboard. Are you serious about the "y'all" or you's just pull'n an ol southern boys lag?

5. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

7. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day & welcome.

8. Burke

Burke New Member

Thanks for the welcomes, everybody! And, Kerf, I certainly was serious about the "y'all"....I wouldn't joke about something like that.... : )

Though I'm not exactly from the south (well, I'm from a little bit of all over, actually, including the south, the southwest, and the west coast....), I've spent enough time there to have that word permanently a part of my vocabulary....

9. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

welcome burke! what kind of musician are ya?

10. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!

11. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome Burk