Hello.

Linkiboy

Local time
9:36 PM
Hi. I am relatively new to the idea of motorized bikes and after consideration I noticed I would have a practical use for one. So... I decided to join in case I have questions since this will be my first motorized bike.

Welcome aboard.

You'll find good info here. very useful stuff.

So if you can ride legally at your age, then build a bike and tell us all about it.

Have fun.

I'm turning 16 soon enough which is what Florida needs for me to use a motorized bike... hah...

Anyway thanks for the welcome. I already found a bunch of helpful guides. I'm just getting a generic 48cc happy time engine which is under $150 on eBay.

One thing I can't find but I don't want to bother making a new topic for is fitting the engine. Some people said that I would need about 14" of clearance to mount a frame mounted engine... I measured my bike and there's 12" of space... would I have to get a new bike? The bike itself is a 24".

http://cgi.ebay.com/50cc-motorized-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

This is the engine I'm looking at getting. I can't really get anything more expensive and I don't think I would even need to since I'm only going to ride it weekly probably.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Sorry, man, but I don't think you'll fit it on that bike. Not if it's a mountain bike/straight tube type anyway.

But then you can get a 26" mountain bike for a song (or less) if you look around a bit.

Back