Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Linkiboy, May 9, 2009.

1. Linkiboy

Linkiboy New Member

Hi. I am relatively new to the idea of motorized bikes and after consideration I noticed I would have a practical use for one. So... I decided to join in case I have questions since this will be my first motorized bike.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

You'll find good info here. very useful stuff.

So if you can ride legally at your age, then build a bike and tell us all about it.

Have fun.

3. Linkiboy

Linkiboy New Member

I'm turning 16 soon enough which is what Florida needs for me to use a motorized bike... hah...

Anyway thanks for the welcome. I already found a bunch of helpful guides. I'm just getting a generic 48cc happy time engine which is under $150 on eBay.

One thing I can't find but I don't want to bother making a new topic for is fitting the engine. Some people said that I would need about 14" of clearance to mount a frame mounted engine... I measured my bike and there's 12" of space... would I have to get a new bike? The bike itself is a 24".

http://cgi.ebay.com/50cc-motorized-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

This is the engine I'm looking at getting. I can't really get anything more expensive and I don't think I would even need to since I'm only going to ride it weekly probably.

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Sorry, man, but I don't think you'll fit it on that bike. Not if it's a mountain bike/straight tube type anyway.

But then you can get a 26" mountain bike for a song (or less) if you look around a bit.

5. Linkiboy

Linkiboy New Member