Hello

Cavi Mike

Local time
5:19 AM
I stumbled across this forum by way of a google search "how to motorize a bike" and figured it couldn't hurt to join up.

Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of info already on the site and members are happy to help you solve any problems. I don't know if gas bikes are street legal in the state of New York. You may have to go electric to ride on the road.

I wasn't aware that a motorized bicycle was illegal in NY considering I always see one ride by me on my way home from work. Must be more of the stupid NYC laws that Upstate NY is forced to deal with. Figures, I already ordered a kit.

Hi Mike, I am another Mike over in the Buffalo area. Anything with a motor always has been non-legal here, and considered a Vehicle. Insane right?
There is a bill in committee now (S4014) to make e-bikes legal (Sen. Schneiderman is chairman of the "Codes" committee- schneide@senate.state.ny.us or 518-455-2014). Nothing in the bill makes gas bikes legal.

Another guy is near you (Paul- don't remember his user tag) who did mods to quiet his HT kit. You could do a search on "quieting" if you go this way. I have a home-made e- bike and it is unreal quiet.
Welcome to Motoredbikes!

Back