Hello

mrfman3

Local time
1:40 AM
Spent a lot of time browsing here, but the time has come to profile. Been at getting this motor goin since last summer and it's been one grind after another. So hopefully this is a step towards getting this thing MOVIN!

Ok here goes.

After sitting for the last couple of months I once again pulled out my motorized bike. Before taking a break from it cause I got fed up with working on it, I had put a new carb on it, just like the one that came with it. As well as replacing the piston rings, and the cdi. Troubleshooting and more troubleshooting. I've adjusted the clutch plate once again as the most recent problem has been that the clutch wouldn't turn at all. Upon taking a look at it the other day I force turned the gear that turns the chain. That freed up the clutch plate, I guess with the new piston rings on, it had just gotten stuck. So cool I tried to start it and whalla! it ran... for about half a mile. Then went back to its state before I put it away, it won't go. So back to basics. I made sure the carb jets were clear. Yesterday I used some gasket making material along with the grommet to make sure the carb is snugged up to the intake. As well as putting some gaskets between the metal plate that fits in the top cylinder head area since I figured maybe having taken it on and off had opened a gap somewhere. Yesterday I kept walking it up a hill and attempted starts down, after a few tries it would run a bit as long as the throttle was cranked and I was pedaling and going downhill, but would die immediately as I began to head up hill. I messed with the choke as well as the screw on the side of the carb, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm in a corner here as to what the issue is so that's why I've come here to hopefully get some resolution as to why this thing won't stay running. It's a blast to ride, but it's been me bashing my head into the wall with one problem after another, pretty discouraging. The muffler blew into pieces one day last summer, that's replaced also, that was a good one. At least I shot a few feet in the air when that thing popped!

You need to go to the two stroke section of the forum. I'm a four stroke man myself. You'll need to let them know what kind of engine you have and what kit you bought.

Back