Hello

A

Al Keller

I am trying to get started in motoredbiking. I have had the idea of getting into some type of alt. transportation for some time. A couple of years ago I got a Honda 50 but it was to hard to transport as a full time rv'er so I gave it up. Recently saw an add for bike motor kit . This seems a good solution for my transportation idea. Relatively small,light and beter than walking. I am reasonabaly mechanicaly inclined or was at one time. I am currently looking for a good inexpensive 70/80cc motor and bike to put it on, have some doubts about getting the rear sprocket on correctly. Have e-mailed a couple of places & they talked about having to machine the sprocket to fit the hub! I feel that might be above my ability and where I'm currently located machine shops are rather scarce. I am pretty committed to this and with you guys/gals help I hope to soon be riding! Thanks Big Al

Welcome to Mbc. Read and search. I didn't have to alter my sprockets at all, but had to reverse one. IMHO I think they are made to work with "most" hubs. I suppose there is some kind of industry standard with some variations or if you go hi tech like some of the people here.
Good luck.

Welcome to MBC. Check out all the forums. The cheapest-Happy TIme, the Simplest Friction drive then move up to belt drive GEBE and geared chain drive Staton. Look see enjoy from the Giant Side of Texas!

^ ^ What Tex said.
When you do post in the General forum, please state your needs and riding conditions as weight, general health and hills do make a difference.

Welcome to MBc.

Back