Safety Helmets...What is your style

gnflyby, I recognized you and did a bit of a search. Your thread was one of the ones that I read that caused me not to even want to look at my bike without a helmet. Hope you do not mind but I would like to share it here.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=22898
It also makes me lean a little towards full face....if the heat allows it.
Glad you are feeling better.....how is your new best friend?

gnflyby, I recognized you and did a bit of a search. Your thread was one of the ones that I read that caused me not to even want to look at my bike without a helmet. Hope you do not mind but I would like to share it here.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=22898
It also makes me lean a little towards full face....if the heat allows it.
Glad you are feeling better.....how is your new best friend?

Stan, not at all buddy! If it can help prevent someone from ending up the same way I did, I'm all for it. Well... just to update you all on my current condition, I lost the full use of my right picky, I can only bend it half way. And tomorrow I have to get an MRI because after all this time I'm still suffering from dizziness and loss of balance. Aside from that, I'm alive and well. Thank you for asking, Nelson. :)

P.S. Were your helmets people so you won't have to share a tragic story with us.

it did: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=156129&postcount=331

but due to the brain-bucket, the "full-augi" wasn't anything like gnflyby's disaster, whom we have not heard from in forever...good to see you up & about buddy :cool:

helmets work, yo.

Hey Augi, thanks brother, it's good to be back! And I can't wait to get back on the road. Hopefully we here in Connecticut have seen the last of the snow for one season. :sick: :D

By the way I saw your thread, pretty brutal buddy, what was the out come of that?!

Last edited:
Holy **** this is going to make me think twice about flying around the streets of Boston after the winter (potholes everywhere).
I'm glad everyone is o.k.

Here is what I wear. It's a good alternative to the full face because you can flip it up when you get hot and it has air vents on the top. I bought an extra - super dark - visor (you can't even see my face when it's down) so it shades your face from the sun when it's down and the breeze can still get in from the chin area and circulate to help keep you cool. I wore it all last summer with gloves, a jacket, long pants and sneakers and to tell you the truth, it wasn't that bad. As long as you're moving, you're comfortable even on a hot day. When you stop it gets hot but you have to stop sometime. hehe.
The helmet wasn't that comfortable at first but I think it just needed to be worn a few times. The price is right and it's DOT approved.
You can find them on ebay if you're interested I'll send you a link.

my helmet.jpg

Last edited:
GNFLYBY...glad you are ok..best to go and get checked out..when I had my crash and bouncing head episode I was standing up for a while mouthing off to the ambulance guys that I wasn't going to no hospital..lucky for me that I passed out and fell down right after that..off I went to er and intensive care .

GNFLYBY...glad you are ok..best to go and get checked out..when I had my crash and bouncing head episode I was standing up for a while mouthing off to the ambulance guys that I wasn't going to no hospital..lucky for me that I passed out and fell down right after that..off I went to er and intensive care .

Thanks Tedd, and I'm so glad to see your still with us!!! I was told I had the same I'm not going to the hospital attitude, but my wife called for reinforcements in the form of my eldest son and between them both I was going to the hospital! But it's a good thing I went because I needed several stitches in my head and right pinky. I still suffer from dizziness and I'm in the process of seeing a neurologist. I took my bike out yesterday for the first time this year and believe me I looked like a knight from the round table with all the stuff I had on...lol. You could never be too safe! Nelly. :)

Back