Help! 4 stroke bike not getting fuel.

If the pivot pin for the float was not fully in place, with the end sticking out the float might be jammed because of it.
On an NT or an RT carb the pins can freely drift out of their position leaving the float to get out of whack. The float bowl captivates the pin in the right position if its there when you put the bowl back on.
If it isn't, then, ? ? ?

If the pivot pin for the float was not fully in place, with the end sticking out the float might be jammed because of it.
On an NT or an RT carb the pins can freely drift out of their position leaving the float to get out of whack. The float bowl captivates the pin in the right position if its there when you put the bowl back on.
If it isn't, then, ? ? ?

After taking off my fuel bowl the other day I did notice the pin feels rather loose. I have the pin in where the float hinge is in the center. So, should I push the pin twords the right a little? I don't remember exactily what position the pin was pushed in after taking off the float so I just centered it.

A loose pivot pin would explain why my float keeps trying to stay in the up position. I'll take apart my fuel bowl to try to fix it & give it another try over the weekend and see how it goes. I hope that's all that's wrong with it.

They're all loose so the float works freely. The pin is right when the ends of it are equal or flush with the pivot boss it runs in.
Good luck

I got more gas in the tank (about $3 worth) which is more than half a tank. I turned on the fuel switch on the fuel valve. I was able to get some gas to the carb & the engine was able to start. But after a few seconds the fuel stopped flowing & an air pocket formed in the fuel line half way to the tank.

My best guess is the needle valve is getting stuck in the close position for what ever reason. Problem is when I take it apart it becomes unstuck after I remove the fuel bowl.

When I turned on the fuel valve & the air pocket formed in ablut half of the fuel line. I tried tapping the fuel bowl with a handle of a screw driver to try to get the float needle valve to open with no luck. Only small amounts (tiny drops) were able to flow through the line durring every tap.

Any advice on how to fix this? I know it's not my gas cap causing pressure blockage in the line because this happened even with my gas cap off.

air in fuel line is common in 2-strokes where there is a fine-mesh filter there that blocks air from moving up even when fuel is flowing down - you may have similar in your tank

only good way to check flow into carb is by opening bowl drain

to check if carb is running out of fuel, you may want to run till it stops, then carefully take bowl off & see if it is full or empty

After tinkering some more with the carb I noticed the spring wasn't on right for the float needle valve. I was able to fix it & now my fuel flows without any problems.

In the future try using some Gum Out spray in the carb. I also replace my fuel filter once a year. Use some Sea Foam in your gas and oil. I have a Robin Subaru 35. I change the oil every 25 hours and clean the air filter every 10 hours. This is where the tachometers with the hour counters really come in handy. My engine has ran great for 5 years now.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281715156012?nav=SEARCH

In the future try using some Gum Out spray in the carb. I also replace my fuel filter once a year. Use some Sea Foam in your gas and oil. I have a Robin Subaru 35. I change the oil every 25 hours and clean the air filter every 10 hours. This is where the tachometers with the hour counters really come in handy. My engine has ran great for 5 years now.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281715156012?nav=SEARCH

Good advice. I was thinking of getting a tacometer for my bike. I want an old school looking one to go with my speedometer I got. A digital wouldn't look as cool on my bike imo.

Is there any way to convert an old school speedometer into a tacometer? I use one of those retro mechanical speedometers I got for $14. I think having one for speed & one for RPMs that look similar would keep the retro hot rod look I'm going for on my bike. Althogh for hours I might need a digital tachometer.

Is there any way to convert an old school speedometer into a tacometer?
Althogh for hours I might need a digital tachometer.
You would need a gear mechanism to try to do RPMs in analog like a speedometer.

Spark Pulse is how RPM's are measured.
Operation Hours is just a side benefit with digital.

This one works pretty well and not that noticeable.

41-Xr1cbFDL.jpg

10GfitoDoneBars.jpg

It is in the middle between the speedo and light.
It is 'always on' so only good for a year or so unless you want to break it open to replace the battery.
It displays total hours when the engine is off, RPM's when running.

$15 delivered.
http://www.amazon.com/KEDSUM-Tachometer-Stroke-Outboard-Mercury/product-reviews/B00ACDP6YU

Certainly not the best, but $15 and it works.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Since we were talking about fuel here, I was thinking, is there's any fuel injection systems for these 4 stroke engines? If there isn't I was thinking of building my own fuel injection system for my HS 142F. I've seen a few digital fuel injection systems for 2 strokes but never on a 4 stroke.

Back