Clutch help adjusting clutch

M

macarollo

I have a kit from Blue Collar Bob... 70cc kit.

I am trying to adjust the clutch. If the clutch lever is disengaged the clutch does not all. I can pull hard up hills with no slippage. It was slipping when pulling hard uphills so I adjusted the screw lock on the end of the cable and it no longer slips while riding.

If I press the button to hold the clutch engaged (lock the clutch lever in place) I notice that if the bike is stationary it creeps forward ever so slightly. If I pull the clutch lever in farther it does not creep forward anymore.

I have tried to move the screw lock (on the end of the clutch cable) ever so slightly to make it not slip when disengaged and for the clutch to be completely disengaged when the button is pressed.

I AM guessing the t-nut must be adjusted, but not sure which direction to turn it or how much. I did adjust the t-nut when I assembled it to the recommended specs.

Any tips for me?

adjust the cables to tighten them up... there is one right were the cable attaches to the clutch lever. also i ended up rotating the actual clutch arm inward some so the angles are more forgiving (90 degrees) this made the pull of the clutch easier.

Back