Help change MB laws in the US(sort of)

Nicholai D. Best

Local time
2:06 AM
So I have been an avid 'motorbiker' for about 7 years now(but i lost my user name here and had to make a new one :whistle:), like all of you i have had my run ins with 'the law'. I have lived in PA and MD and VA. All have there own different systems. As I'm sure most of you know DMV laws are influenced heavily by insurance company lobbing groups. There is an online movement to try and remove money from politics. I hope this post doesn't get removed though its not directly related to biking, I think this would help out all the bikers out there. With out insurance companies making the rules we might be heard better!

P.S. I am NOT encouraging anybody to donate money to this(I don't).

Wolf Pack

Keep Riding!

It's also heavily influenced by bureaucracy itself. Government is a self-serving entity which means that the more widespread and far-reaching it's powers and encroachment exists, the more it maintains it is needed.

I agree with you totally about insurance companies as well, but the scope of their interests pertain only to laws which affect directly their profit margins, such as the enactment of seatbelt laws - for example.

Still though, it is almost inevitable that government will seek to regulate motorized bicycles so that it can create another source of licensing and taxation, and revenue in the form of fines applied to motor vehicle laws. As it is currently, MB's skirt these taxes, licensing, and registrations, but are not exempt from following laws. It would be nice to form some type of association that is just for MBs to lobby efforts in favor of riders and not government. If something is not done beforehand it will ruin a lot of the good attributes of the activity.

Good luck though with trying to remove money from politics! It would be easier to cut your own head off with a chainsaw.

Politicians of every stripe have the mindset that G_D almighty has given them a mandate to make laws, regulate, tax, and control everything under the sun.

Well I for one don't mind wearing the blackhat, doesn't matter what you do you're going to break some stupid unneeded law.If we could get together we should ride to DC armed with air-powered sabot cannons and take out anyone trying to stop us, then watch them try to outlaw air rifles or better yet AIR "the terrorists are using our air against us, we need to regulate the air to make it safe for the children!".

It's also heavily influenced by bureaucracy itself. Government is a self-serving entity which means that the more widespread and far-reaching it's powers and encroachment exists, the more it maintains it is needed.

I agree with you totally about insurance companies as well, but the scope of their interests pertain only to laws which affect directly their profit margins, such as the enactment of seatbelt laws - for example.

Still though, it is almost inevitable that government will seek to regulate motorized bicycles so that it can create another source of licensing and taxation, and revenue in the form of fines applied to motor vehicle laws. As it is currently, MB's skirt these taxes, licensing, and registrations, but are not exempt from following laws. It would be nice to form some type of association that is just for MBs to lobby efforts in favor of riders and not government. If something is not done beforehand it will ruin a lot of the good attributes of the activity.

Good luck though with trying to remove money from politics! It would be easier to cut your own head off with a chainsaw.

When I mentioned this other members asked for my resignation.

Some think they are not required to follow the traffic laws because a MB is neither motorcycle nor bicycle.
After 25 years of having no tolls in CT they are going to bring them back. You will see helmet laws,MB/Moped/Goped/Scooter laws, MB registration, personal property tax, insurance and licensing.
They will eliminate the grey areas of traffic regs and outlaw 2 strokes completely.
CT always follows Calif. lead on air quality control and is trying to actually be more stringent.

Personally I don't think its a bad idea, this state is broke and needs more revenue.If MBers can avoid it by addressing their actions/antics they could dodge the bullet.
In CT lane splitting is not legal, nor is passing on the inside, yet MBers and cyclists do this all the time.

I know in the 70s snowmobilers had to step up and police themselves to protect their hobby/recreation/sport and we did it.
This crowd on here won't step up and will find themselves up the creek with out a paddle.They asked for it.

Last edited:
Don't mind Oldbobma, he doesn't even OWN a MAB.His brain seems to be wasted on machinist skills, which we all know isn't rocket science.

I'm assuming he has those skills, the dude IS versed when it comes to motors.I was referring to an old argument we had, he has a motive other than helping MAB riders, he doesn't own one and basically hates bikers/MAB's based on what he's dealt with in his neck of the woods.

Back