Help installing BMP and robin subaru on bike please!

f3if3i

Local time
3:08 AM
Hi all I just got the bmp kit and my robin engine today :D Im a newb to engine and all that.

Now I'm gonna try to install and I would like some help and advice on breaking in the engine and if I get stuck somewhere.

On the breakingin I have read that I should go back and forth fast and slow for 15 min, let cool, and repeat 2 more times but for 30 minutes and then it should be ready to ride?

I have search the forum on oil and gas. I read I should use synthetic blend, so what is a HIGH quality oil for this? I will also use the highest grade gas for it is that ok?

Thank you!

I would avoid wide-open throttle conditions for the first couple of hours, and vary the speed during this period as well (don run for long periods at the same engine RPM. ) You might get away with no damage under Garp's recommendation, but, it won't hurt (and could help a lot) to not "thrash it from the start."

Use regular oil for the first fill, then switch to synthetic at the first change. (using synthetic oil from the start can lead to a longer 'break-in' period before the engine develops full power. ) Suburu recommends the first oil change after 20 hours, then, every 50 hours.

Ok I just finish installing it an hour ago and went for a ride... it was awesome!!!!!!!!

So quieter than the 66 cc "Happy time" engine i test ride and NO vibration on hand!!!!!!

I LOVE IT! :D

I would avoid wide-open throttle conditions for the first couple of hours, and vary the speed during this period as well (don run for long periods at the same engine RPM. ) You might get away with no damage under Garp's recommendation, but, it won't hurt (and could help a lot) to not "thrash it from the start."

Use regular oil for the first fill, then switch to synthetic at the first change. (using synthetic oil from the start can lead to a longer 'break-in' period before the engine develops full power. ) Suburu recommends the first oil change after 20 hours, then, every 50 hours.

Ok I did vary the speed from slow to fast and now letting it cool.. will ride again soon :whistle::devilish:

Anybody have any idea how to hide the engine? Anything I can use to cover it but not overheat it? I read about the idea using a basket but I don't have tools for that and too much hassle.

I agree with above .

I have seen people take a milk crate & try to hide the motor. Since you are wanting to hide it,, I presume you are riding it illegally ? Good luck & be careful !

Isn't it a JOY to be using quality made products on your new mb? Didn't you just love the ease of installation? How about BMP's and Robin's instruction manuals. Nice, huh? Sometime around 100+ miles you'll notice an increase in compression. The valves and rings will be seated. She'll pull a little more when starting and have more top end and acceleration. Why hurry it? Take your time and you'll have a fine mb drive setup for years to come! You did install belted tires and Thorn resistant tubes didn't you? If you did or will you can leave the HT 'toolkit' at home!

I don't want to start a firestorm here but like Loquin suggested, breakin w/ good quality petroleum based oil. Robin manual suggests viscosity and ambient temperature combos. Then consider running synthetic. I've been using Supertech Synthetic 10w30 oil in my Titan 50. Seems to be doing fine. From WalMart, claims 100% synthetic formula, cost here is $3.98 per qt.. If you prefer Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil 1, etc. Synthetics, Walmart was a little cheaper than auto parts stores.

Oh yeah I'm enjoying my ride now! Went for a 60 miles ish ride today :D Now when I look at a map, it is a totally different thing haha

I did run into a problem the engine started blowing out smoke for a couple min and leak oil everywhere but that was because it was tilted at 35 degree angle (and when I pour in oil i pour in tooo much since it was tilted) so had to drill 2 hole in that metal thing to raise it up. Now it alll good

As for the oil I use the 10w-30 Castrol syn blend even for breaking in. Im buying the best stuff for this engine hopefully last me many years :D

Back