Help me name my baby

Help me name my baby, sorry its not the human kind but the mechanical kind :cool:.

all the info is here

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21334

I was thinking something along the lines of.... Ekahau.... "mayan god of Travellers", but is not very catchy but symbolically the mayan walked the longest from africa thus a great deal of respect is due.

or ....hawk... because i often see birds of prey when I out riding my bike in th middle of nowhere and i think they are similar to the type of rider i am e.g. solo, independant also free as a bird

anyway any better ideas remember I'd like the name to mean something.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 418
that's the coolest lil contraption...it was fun watching this one take shape, as i dig purpose-built machinery. finding a way around self-imposed limitations and parameters is an artform unto itself :)

i like your thinking, and have a bit of input, no way i'd presume i could name someone else's MB tho...

trying to see it thru your eyes...your foldable/transportable MB is like a hunting hawk. that's what came to mind as i read your thoughts on the matter...if i knew of a hunting hawk (or other bird of prey) somewhere in literature, i'd suggest its' name as a candidate :cool:

Last edited:
Naming of your bike is very personal. After many miles of symbiosis (is this even a word?) can you put your relationship into a name...
I had a road bike since departed once named 'La Furiosa'.
Good Luck...

Augidog,

Thanks! it took quite a while to get to this design over 3/4 years i think. but was alot of Fun. and got alot of help in the early days.

I think for most things in life yes naming can be personal, but this place is different due to the amount of help we give each other.

I certainly feel your on the right track "trying to see it thru your eyes...your foldable/transportable MB is like a hunting hawk." :D

I quickly did a search and found this list of mythical birds!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_birds

i want for something to inspire me on tours not names like dodo or chicken :), im sure you and others that have taken tours longer than a week can understand. :)

ibdennyak,

lol, probably similar to waht i call mine sometimes too :)

Lowracer,

yes i understand however its often for others to see you situation than yourself, if you know what i mean. symbiosis certainly is a word and the perfect word for what im trying to do with the name :)! however i think "her" name should be more tranquilo than furioso.

Thanks again all!

p.s 5 view 3 comments, you guys are great :)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Avisaurus... It is a flying dinosaur and was a bit on the viscous side but, was fast and beautiful. I think you should call your baby, Avisaurus or Avis for short.

Paint it green and call it Gumby. :giggle:
I like the yelo though... Very cool bike by the way. I'm sure the name will "fit" with what ever you come up with.

Attachments

• Gumby_narrowweb__300x483,0.jpg
    Gumby_narrowweb__300x483,0.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited: