Help me name my baby

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by fireball_jones, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Help me name my baby, sorry its not the human kind but the mechanical kind :cool:.

all the info is here

I was thinking something along the lines of.... Ekahau.... "mayan god of Travellers", but is not very catchy but symbolically the mayan walked the longest from africa thus a great deal of respect is due.

or ....hawk... because i often see birds of prey when I out riding my bike in th middle of nowhere and i think they are similar to the type of rider i am e.g. solo, independant also free as a bird

anyway any better ideas remember I'd like the name to mean something.

Attached Files:

2. augidog

augidog Banned

that's the coolest lil was fun watching this one take shape, as i dig purpose-built machinery. finding a way around self-imposed limitations and parameters is an artform unto itself :)

i like your thinking, and have a bit of input, no way i'd presume i could name someone else's MB tho...

trying to see it thru your eyes...your foldable/transportable MB is like a hunting hawk. that's what came to mind as i read your thoughts on the matter...if i knew of a hunting hawk (or other bird of prey) somewhere in literature, i'd suggest its' name as a candidate :cool2:
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Don't wanna know what I call mine sometimes. :whistling:
  4. lowracer

lowracer Member

Naming of your bike is very personal. After many miles of symbiosis (is this even a word?) can you put your relationship into a name...
    I had a road bike since departed once named 'La Furiosa'.
    Good Luck...
  5. Augidog,

Thanks! it took quite a while to get to this design over 3/4 years i think. but was alot of Fun. and got alot of help in the early days.

I think for most things in life yes naming can be personal, but this place is different due to the amount of help we give each other.

I certainly feel your on the right track "trying to see it thru your eyes...your foldable/transportable MB is like a hunting hawk." :D

I quickly did a search and found this list of mythical birds!

i want for something to inspire me on tours not names like dodo or chicken :), im sure you and others that have taken tours longer than a week can understand. :)

lol, probably similar to waht i call mine sometimes too :)

yes i understand however its often for others to see you situation than yourself, if you know what i mean. symbiosis certainly is a word and the perfect word for what im trying to do with the name :)! however i think "her" name should be more tranquilo than furioso.

Thanks again all!

p.s 5 view 3 comments, you guys are great :)!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  6. perichbrothers

perichbrothers New Member

7. Neon

Neon Member

I like hawk, but for a little artistic flare why not use the japanese symbols タカ put somewhere on the bike.
  8. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Mini Me or squishy
  9. The Traveler

The Traveler New Member

Avisaurus... It is a flying dinosaur and was a bit on the viscous side but, was fast and beautiful. I think you should call your baby, Avisaurus or Avis for short.
  10. graucho

graucho Active Member

Paint it green and call it Gumby. :jester:
    I like the yelo though... Very cool bike by the way. I'm sure the name will "fit" with what ever you come up with.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  11. crumple, hawk, mini me, squishy, gumby . love the suggestions thanks ! :clap:

but doing some reaseach Avisaurus...

i really love this one :). time for some research... im thinking along the lines of small but powerful e.g the bird kingdoms jackie chan :)

thanks again!
  12. The Traveler

The Traveler New Member

How's the name search going? Have you come up with any more cool ones? I like Gumby, adds a touch of adolescent humor which is really where our love for our bikes began.
  13. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

I would call it....My Bike
  14. augidog

augidog Banned

"saturday" trivia on friday nite

"i'm gumby, dambit!"
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  15. maltese guy

maltese guy Guest

Tal Genn pronounced Tal ( Jenn ) which in my language, which is Maltese means Far Out!!!!
  16. Basementchoppers

Basementchoppers New Member

Call it Bob....
  17. thanks everyone

Thanks again for all the suggestions! sorry for the delay have been away at college. anyway i have had some time to think and research and realise that a big and flash name is not really required. It is the message behind which is important to me so.. i think that TERN is a good name.

see links for information

yes i could call it the hawk etc but thats not my style or the bikes. we just go places we dont show off about it. :)

next step is maybe some artwork. which of course ill show you guys and gals

thanks again! :2thumbsup:
  18. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

For what its worth.....I would go with Patented. It would make it sound as if you even invented it.
  19. When I first saw it, I thought... "The Rollerskate" :idea: (seriously)
  20. thanks gents, but i think the symbolism of the tern the loooongest migariting bird, that has two summers a year, is just so coool! just image the bird paint job! :)