Help new build

Bbish

Local time
8:28 PM
Hi I am going to be building a bike soon, it will be my first build. I have a budget of 300 exactly for everything... I am in highschool and don't have that much money. I have been looking around and I think I am going to go with the 66cc motor kit from California motorized bikes. I would like to put a expansion chamber on it to if I have extra money. I am stuck on what bike I should get. Can someone recommended me something that fits my budget. I don't really care wait type as long as its safe. Thanks for the help.

I noticed they have a compete bike and motor out for $299, shipped. It's a perfect fit. And you still get to build it.

I'm assuming it must be a decent steel frame.
I'm about to begin a build, my 2nd. I'm buying everything new and going for a solid, reliable ride. I purchased a bike from Wal-mart, the genesis onex 29". I'm going to rebuild it from the frame up. But even that was $150.

Wow, I just read a thread about that company. ..lots of unhappy people! Apparently the customer service is crap if you need help. Careful!

Wow, I just read a thread about that company. ..lots of unhappy people! Apparently the customer service is crap if you need help. Careful!
Can you recommend a motor kit around that price? And good to know

I bought mine on eBay. Lots of buyer protection. I saw everyone had issues with almost every vendor. For a motor, go for protection. They are mostly all the same. I paid $140 shipped. It'll be here Friday.

I bought mine on eBay. Lots of buyer protection. I saw everyone had issues with almost every vendor. For a motor, go for protection. They are mostly all the same. I paid $140 shipped. It'll be here Friday.
Ok I think I will do that then, I looked at ur bike that your getting and it looks pretty nice. Is there any other mods you will have to do ?

I'm sure I'll learn. I'm going to rebuild the rear hub, and modify the brakes for better performance. I read a thread on here about it. The cranks will also get removed, lubed, and reinstalled securely. All the nuts and bolts will get a wrench and some loctite. I understand the head and seat post are weak too, I might replace them as needed.

My first bike was from the flea market.

Back