Help On My First Project

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MalakTheBeast, Apr 30, 2010.

1. MalakTheBeast

MalakTheBeast New Member

I was thrilled when I found the Grubee Skyhawk 4G T-Belt 49cc 4 stoke engine with the rear mount kit. I have a Next 21 spd. Mountain Bike with front and rear frame suspension, of course no room at all for a motor in the frame itself. The problem I'm having is getting dealers to respond to my emails for a simple question, the motor is supplied pull start only I understand totally I'm not dense, I don't mind that for back up but I want add CDI (?), push button electric start for daily use. From doing yard work I know how pull starts can be a pain sometimes!! Has anyone added this feature to the HuaSheng motor before, someone told me it's really a Honda motor, I don't know. If you have info. please respond as in knowing what parts I would need, where to buy the parts, etc... I'm getting so close to building my first project and I want to have everything I need set up and ready when I start, there's nothing worse than to start something just to find out you need a part that will take a couple of weeks to get you know! I have automotive and motorcycle experience so I'm not completely in the dark but I have to admit I've never gotten into small engine repairs and upgrades so thus I need assistance. I do already have plans on getting rid of the SRAM selectors and just adding drop down selectors, I really don't plan on much peddling anyway, lol. Presently I do have one problem with the bike, on going up hills or under any real load in fact the chain slips and slips and is a real pain in the a - -!! I've tried to adjust those SRAM selectors, the gear selector at the crank, the derailleur, etc... and nothing helps!! Thanks everyone!!! :jester:

2. MalakTheBeast

MalakTheBeast New Member

Added Question

How do you know how many teeth you need for the drive gear? I'll be doing city riding, with street tires if that help and I have a need for speed, the more the better!!!!

3. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

I'm not familiar with the 4-stroke 'Skyhawk' engines, but I would assume that they already have CDI, (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) - points have virtually disappeared.

Electric-start? Don't you think that's over-reaching a bit? After all, it is only a 49cc engine. Electric-start means adding a decent battery, charge system and starter motor.