Help please!

jim_himself

Local time
5:22 PM
After a near death experience on my motorized bike due to the chain jamming and tearing through my gearbox, causing my motor mounts to be destroyed and the entire engine to come loose, tear my fuel line, and soak the whole thing in gas, all while going 25mph or so I've decided to switch a friction drive. They seem to be much more reliable. I'm going to purchase a motor for BMP's friction drive kit and would like to know what you more experienced riders think is the best motor out of the following:
link: http://www.bikemotorparts.com/ENGINES.html

You got LLLUCCKY Bro!!!

A lot of guy's speak highly of the HF motors. I havn't been on much but I think you have to adapt the carb on them or something?

If you can find one, a (genuine) Mitsubishi TLE43 is a good choice in the two-cycle side. It's reliable and strong.

It's also hard to beat the Honda or Robin/Suburu 35cc 4-stroke motors for reliability and ease of use. (not having to pre-mix is a plus)

I found one of the mitsubishi motors for about $165. it is a bit too small though I'm looking for as much power as i can get.

looks good to me

I don't own one personally, but it looks mighty sweet to me.
I think you have more money to fool around with than I do.
So from my standpoint go for it and let us all know what
we are missing out on. Don,t forget the pictures

Tim

Check out

The Tanaka 33 cc for 2 stroke
and the robin 35 for 4 stroke
it's that simple with either of these you won't be in the engine repair business at all !!!!! They both offer unmatched quality and value, you can get cheaper but after seeing what the cheap kit got you why ??
:eek:

The Tanaka 33 cc for 2 stroke
and the robin 35 for 4 stroke
it's that simple with either of these you won't be in the engine repair business at all !!!!! They both offer unmatched quality and value, you can get cheaper but after seeing what the cheap kit got you why ??
:eek:

good advice... I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll have the rest of the money for my build in about two weeks (garage sale week in my hood) then I'll order the parts and start the build.

Back