Help please!

You can't beat BMP's kit, on special now for $129. It used to sell at $159.00.

If you cut the tops off of the rear struts, you can loosen the housing and pivot it over 90 degrees upward. This gives excellent access to the upper motor mounts.

Be very careful not to overtighten motor mount bolts. Engine casting at the bellhousing is very thin and will break off.

I like BMP's kit better. The housing bearings are a slipfit onto the housing and the driveshaft. This makes it VERY easy to change rollers and bearings. The other kit is a pressfit onto the housing AND the rollers. I have had to pay the machinist to remove bearings and roller.

That's $80 and 4 hours wasted.:sick:

On the BMP, replacing roller and bearings can be done in less than two minutes. And you WILL be replacing bearings.

Ok thanks, I liked the BMP kit in the first place.:eek:

I still don't understand what you were talking about in your thread about your experience with the set up, what you were saying about the compression head something about 15:1 and 12:1 and how you can only use the 93octane with the 12:1.

I just want to keep the engine stock and use the 93octane but now its unclear to me whether or not that will work.:confused:

I bought the modified 460 used, and the previous owner had installed a headkit which boosted compression to 15:1. I would've had to run racing gas, which was impractical. So I lowered the compression to 13:1 by switching the cone in the head. That allowed me to use 92 octane gas.

a new 460 can run on 92 octane gas.

Don't forget to modify the clutch. If not, you'll have to rev to 8,000rpm EVERY TIME to engage the clutch. And of course that'll literally chew up the tire whenever the roller spins.:sick:

When you say modify the clutch what do you mean, I didn't quite understand that either? I'm under the impression that you just change some springs, but I feel that I'm mistaken.

Thanks for clearing the gas thing up I was pretty confused:D

Thanks in general for all the great tips and stuff, I'm only 14 and don't understand all of the stuff you veterans are talking about!

Last edited:
He hasn't helped me yet...............I'm more mechanically savvy then he is.
I've already built one of the bikes by myself I'm sure I can figure this one out:D
He pretty much helps me pay for stuff then he isn't very involved with building things

Last edited:
You the man (KID) jim helpself,

i would have loved to been able to tinker at these bikes at your age, and the NO FEAR sense of reality always helps !!!!!!!

Got that bmp se up on a small bike with 16 or 18" tires (dont remember now), anyway I use it sparingly since I like it so much I dont want to wear the thing out.
Everybody seems to want to know about the thing, the mpg is specially mouth opening and smiles galore with most folk.
Is like Im sticking it to the oil concerns.
Nothing wrong with it if you notice that there is also friction between the components in the drive, having a great time riding with it.

From the get go I knew I wanted a friction drive since Im very familiar with chains and motorcycles, no more washing chains, greasing up, tightening.
I can wear a white shirt and ties (not that I would tho):eek:

Back