Carby help: reattach throttle cable to NT carby

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by timrady, May 3, 2009.

1. timrady

timrady New Member

hey everyone

i just picked up a cruiser with a zbox 50cc fitted. it has the NT carby that seems to come standard. its running fine but the throttle cable has come away from the top of the carby and i cant for the life of me work out how to reattach it

i have unscrewed the funnel thing and taken out the brass spring inside. then ive seen theres some sort of collar in there with some little discs and a needle that runs down the middle

it looks like moving the central thing up and down is what controls the throttle and i assume thats why the spring is there but i dont understnad where the actual bare cable attaches

can anyone help?
    tim

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Your cable should have a tip on it. It looks just like the tip that fits into your shifter levers, but it's smaller. (It would be soooo nice if they were exactly the same size, but that's a different story)

Is your tip missing? It kinda sounds like it. If that's the case, then I think you have to get a new throttle cable.

That's a bummer, since it means you have to wait on shipping. But it does mean an easy fix once you have the new one.

3. timrady

timrady New Member

ahhh

that might be the disc thing thats sitting in the bottom of the carby shaft.

yep the throttle cable is bare strands and inside the carby is a brass spring then a little disc thing that is just sitting on the central needle assembly and doesnt really look like it belongs.

ok i'll look into getting a new one thanks

isnt it funny how with second hand things they always seem to break the very first ride after the initial test ride

4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

If your cable is just bare strands that means the tip is inside the carby....make SURE u find & remove it.You'll see the size of the tip when u get your new cable;their small.