Help Removing Small Gear in Clutch

Yeah, I didn't get one. None of my kits come with that tool for some reason. The clutch kit was supposed to have one and didn't. Is there a way to do this without the tool?

Hey Adamtheha you may have more troubles getting it back on. I took my flywheel off and on EASY, BUT the little drive grear came off easy but it's been a pain getting it back on, WELL may be your old one will go on easy but I brought a NEW one and it just didn't want to go back on and I ended up cracking it. They have a very thin wall were the woodruff key goes. Any way I posted some pics on how to use that tool and how to get you flywheel off, and if your old drive gear isn't broke then it will go back on easy. With that tool it's easy.
I'll try find my old post.

Hey I forgot to say the small drive gear comes off the same as the fly wheel.
You can see it's got I thread inside of it

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If your not putting it back on

Well, I appreciate all the advice. This is the reason I need to get the small gear off. I'm not putting it back on, because the centrifugal clutch comes with a small gear welded on. I hope this is going to be worth all the trouble!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220239220848

**** man if you are not worried about putting the drive gear back on don't worry about that special tool just get a good pair of vice grips. What will happan is when you lock onto it and rock it back and forth if it doesn't come off it will crack and fall off. The presure of the vice grips will be enough to crack it. it's only cast, hard cast and it's very brittle. Like you said you are not interested in keeping your old drive gear,,your NEW clutch setup has it's own drive gear.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I still have to press the new one onto the shaft. Does the gear puller do that too? I don't mind breaking the cog, but would it work if I heated it up first?

Not that I can see it does not. I tried fitting a new one to mine and it cracked as it was to tight.

Back