Help + updates:Rear wheen sprocket is not straight! Chain comes off.

Tauseef

Local time
7:35 AM
So chaine came off twice from the engine-sprocket.
I searched the forum and it was advised to check rear wheel sproclet allignment.
My rear wheel sprocket is bent ,its obviously facing out in half of it. And close to the tyre in the other half.
So presumable thats causing chain to go off from engine sprocket.

I read here in forums that take off sprocket and hammer to straighten it.

Any updates?
Can i straighten it while its on the tyre??

This is because your sprocket is tightened too much on one side and not the other, or needs shimming to get true.

Take your chain off and raise the bike to the rear wheel can spin. Loosen all the sprocket bolts.
full

I am using a dial indicator but you can use a wire wrapped around the wheel stay to see how true the sprocket is.
Where the sprocket edge is close to the wire tighten the sprocket bolt.
Where the wire is far from the sprocket, leave those bolts be.
Go around and around tightening a little bit at a time until the sprocket is true.

Your spokes should be done the same way, only "tuning" them with a strike of a wrench to see they all make the same "ping".
full

Excellente

I shall try this right now amd respond back.

Your poimt n method to correct convince me. Thanks
This is because your sprocket is tightened too much on one side and not the other, or needs shimming to get true.

Take your chain off and raise the bike to the rear wheel can spin. Loosen all the sprocket bolts.
full

I am using a dial indicator but you can use a wire wrapped around the wheel stay to see how true the sprocket is.
Go around and around tightening a little bit at a time until the sprocket is true.

Your spokes should be done the same way, only "tuning" them with a strike of a wrench to see they all make the same "ping".
full

My issue is resolved. i straightened the rear sproket tightening the nuts.
However, its still not full straightened/trued.

next i increased chain tension by moving the tensioner,
So far its going very good.

full

full

i found that if you move the position of the chain tensioner and roller to be as close as possible to the rear sprocket it helps with a not perfectly true wheel or sprocket. this is the point where the chain feeds into the sprocket and requires the best alignment. once it is fed into the sprocket (even with a slight wobble), the chain should flow through the rest correctly and come out taught exiting the rear sprocket towards the engine. of course this loosens the chain but if it is not too loose that is fine or you can get another chain tensioner to help.

I searched the forum and it was advised to check rear wheel sproclet allignment.
My rear wheel sprocket is bent ,its obviously facing out in half of it. And close to the tyre in the other half.

Any updates?
Upgrade to higher quality parts is the best way to fix that problem the more qu

Any updates?
Upgrade to higher quality sprocket and adapter and you won't run the risk of ruining your back wheel you will be thankful you did it will make your machine 10x more reliable + easier to adjust, remove, and install
http://www.bikeberry.com/?acc=87019fb492fe6f03c3bdb29cf2ffb6eb

Back