Help With CNS Carb!!!

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by col.hep, Feb 8, 2010.

1. col.hep

col.hep New Member

So first off i have a 66cc Skyhawk bone stock other than bolt changes. I recently bought this carb because my original was leaking from the box.

I cant seem to get this thing tuned right. I get what seems to be a good idle, i then burp the gas and the idle returns quickly. But as i ride it it still four strokes but returnes to two stroking in the acceleration, But as i get up to higher speeds it starts to four stroke and stays. No matter how i adjust the air/fuel screw it stays the same or just shuts off. I know i am running ridiculously rich but it won't change.

I have not taken the carb apart yet but does it have the adjustment on the jet needle? if not, maybe cuz i am running a stock exhaust???

Any help will be appriciated.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010

2. swifty

swifty New Member

col, remove the slide & needle from the top of the carb,then remove the needle from the slide,see where the clip is in the needle. the higher up you put the clip the leaner it will be between one quarter & three quarter throttle.if it four strokes at full throttle fit a smaller main jet. hope this helps.