Exhaust help with sick bike parts expansion chamber please

jatgm1

Local time
9:34 AM
i recently ordered a sick bike parts expansion chamber, and it should be here tomorrow. my engine is a grubee skyhawk model, and the exhaust port is kinda square ish, not circular. its 66cc. how should i go about adding the exhaust to the bike? anyone else whom has done this before, your experiences would help greatly.

its not an official grubee, its an ebay grubee. it did go right on, but as of yet im trying to get it to fit right and clear the front tire. also i think i need to shorten the copper pipe. how does one cut copper piping without making it uneven? is there a tool for this? something that someone on a budget can get? i was gonna go with a hack saw but im trying to do this properly. though, for future reference, using aluminum cooking foil does help stabilize the header so it doesn't bounce around so much. also, i got muffler paste, its like some kinda glue stuff for mufflers with holes in them or something. would that work with copper pipe? i figure after i get the copper tube to the right size that'll work.

I second the pipe cutter, use rubber grip gloves to hold the copper steady, of you use pliers or vise grips or whatever along those lines you'll bend the pipe and it will be a woo-hoo to work with. Slow and easy on the cutter, just finger tighten it to snug, spin it around the pipe, snug it a little more, like a quarter turn most, and spin it around again. Go till it cleanly chops it off.

As far as muffler paste, sounds like a glue? If it's a glue do yourself a favor and take it back to the store, it's glued together you will probably never separate the parts again which makes tuning impossible (the point of the kit is adjusting lengths for tuning the powerband)

If it's just for sealing up stuff like small openings, then send me a link, I need a way to cleanly plug up small connection points in my custom pipes... Been trying to do this without it looking like total crap.

Back