Help won't start

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by sourdiesel404, Nov 23, 2015.

1. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

My motor bike was running fine I was riding it all day and then my mom got home so I did a burn out and then it shut off and wont start I check for spark there is no spark I pulled off the spark plug wires and spark plug and held it in my hand and it didn't shock me so I have another CDI on hand so I threw it on and would you guess no sparks still what could be the problem was riding fine before I did burn out. I took off stator coil cover and water came out idk how it got in there do I need new magneto inside the motor?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

2. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

Mind I run full synthetic oil royal purple an motor is fully broken in and always ran strong 32:1

3. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

4. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

Thanks man I ordered new magneto hope all goes well it's brand new and just want to sell cause I bought a BRONCO!!!!

5. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

Ok so I got a new Magneto and I put it on and what do you know it doesn't start my bike well it starts but its misfiring very very bad and it only runs if I full throttle it and its still missing it doesn't gain any rpms it stays at low rpms and just barely drives & bogs what could be the cause of this I have a brand new CD I and brand new magneto I'm thinking the spark plug because when Igap it .38 it fired up and would just run like **** also when I did the ground test for the spark plug on the motor I did not see a spark but it's still fires up just misfire like crazy

6. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

This is really stressing me out

7. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

I've seen loose motor mounts do that.

8. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

But I don't understand why I don't see a spark from the plug when I pull it out there and hold it

9. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

It still starts just won't stay running long

10. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Since it starts my guess is it's a gas problem not a spark problem.....loosen gas cap...make sure gas is getting to carb...if you have a black gas line change it to a clear one...make sure slide is going up & down in carb....

11. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

if it seems to smoke too much, then just play with throttle to keep it running until smoking clears up

12. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

When checking for spark, you must hold the spark plug up against the engine block to close the circuit and see if the plug works or not. I have been warned that rolling while the plug is not touching can burn out the CDI.

13. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

I got her going finally Ithe was the plug fouled couldn't get gap good I put brand new one in and it fire right up no misfiring anymore actually still alil missing more at top end

14. sourdiesel404

sourdiesel404 Member

But it runs and is constant