HELP

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Shawn19899, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Shawn19899

Shawn19899 New Member

my motorized bicycle fell over and now it wont start everytime i try to pedal start it my back tire seizes up and totally stops me. Did i screw my motor up

2. skyash

skyash Active Member

Grab the back wheel and turn it by hand in gear try and see whats up if you can check under all the cases maybe take the cylinder off and look in side might be the only way to tell. I have dropped and crashed heaps of motorized bikes and haven't had that problem just to day my 4 stroke fell over out side the shop

3. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

You might have to be a bit more descriptive. You mention that the back wheel seizes up after you try to start it so if your engine is not engaged can you still pedal freely? Might be a stuck chain in your drive sprocket if you cannot pedal at all.

4. Shawn19899

Shawn19899 New Member

Idk whats wrong with it seems like soon as it fell it wont start i dont have compression or nothin

5. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Oke, as skyash mentioned, pull the head and see if the piston is moving up and down when you move the chain.

6. David Bogle

David Bogle Member

My wife's bike had the"no compression" issue, it turned out to be quite a simple fix, the woodruff key had come out of the gear that drives the clutch.

7. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

And that caused a loss of compression? I don't think so.

8. David Bogle

David Bogle Member

Of course it did, if the chain turns the clutch but the clutch isn't rotating the piston via the woodruff key the piston doesn't go up and down the will be zero compression, good luck.

9. Nanonevol

Nanonevol Member

True. And zero intake and zero exhaust. And the tire doesn't turn either.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016