Chains Helppp Please Chain Problem Please Read In Desperate Help

wackey101

Local time
6:23 AM
Hi
Every One I Am Having A Problem With My Chain It Doesnt Stay On The Rear Sprockt Keep Coming Off Please Help I Really Want It To Work Propley And My Idler Is Not Moving Because The Washer Is Jamed In It Could It Be That. I Will Get The Idler Fixed But After Fix Of Idler Would It All Work
Thnx

Be very, very sure that the rear sprocket is mounted square to the wheel and centered to the hub. If there is any wobble to the sprocket at it turns that will guaranteed throw the chain. Definitely fix the tensioner wheel so it can turn. It is after all a wheel and not a rubbing block. Also be darned sure that there is noooo way it can slip on the bicycle frame and rotate into the rear wheel's spokes.

throwing chain

Check the cheap rear sprocket. As stated above it must be true to the wheel no wobble and centered on the axel. do not count on the center hole being true.
CHECK THAT THE SPROCKET THEETH HAVE A TAPER ON THE TIPS. IF NOT DUPLICATE THE TAPER ON A STANDARD SPROCKET.
Throwing a chain CAN be dangerous.

Personally I use an old polyurethane skate board wheel for my idler wheel and it is great. Quiet and wide.

thnx

thnx every one for the comments got it to work turns out it was a link that was about to op out and we fixed it it all runs great now
thnx

Back