Here's what I found out about my city's ordinance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Warner -- Doesn't sound that great over there !!! Not for riding at this time anyway.. Calif -- after much studing -- not much better !!! Not my favorite -- but it may be time to get in touch with AL GORE ----- man I never thought that I would say that !!!!! Have a good day, from Mountainman

I honestly believe that I wouldn't get hassled.....but how do you know for sure without trying. I think it would be positively STUPID for a cop to pull some adult over who was commuting to work on their bicycle. What possible logic could be applied to that scenario? Doesn't make ANY sense.....

Warner

I honestly believe that I wouldn't get hassled.....but how do you know for sure without trying. I think it would be positively STUPID for a cop to pull some adult over who was commuting to work on their bicycle. What possible logic could be applied to that scenario? Doesn't make ANY sense.....

Warner

I think that you are right Warner -- it would be more like that old guy -- me -- getting pulled over -- because I don't have a drivers license --- this will be my main transportation for a while... HAPPY RIDING WARNER --- from Mountainman

Warner, I'm going to be jumping on your bandwagon seeing we are both living in Elgin.

I highly doubt cops will harass me, since I'll be wearing a helmet, obeying traffic laws, and have lights.

Warner, I'm going to be jumping on your bandwagon seeing we are both living in Elgin.

I highly doubt cops will harass me, since I'll be wearing a helmet, obeying traffic laws, and have lights.

I'm in the same boat....have bike, need Staton kit. Still need to get approval from the boss (wife). I need to pay off the credit card first. Where in Elgin are you?

Warner

I'm near Wing Park.

I'm sure the law is mostly due to those little pocket bikes being raced around by kids. They still run around near my house.

Yeah, that's not too far off. I'm on Crystal.

What kinda van you drive? I currently have two Astros.

Usually I don't drive the van (thank God!). But I own a full size Dodge conversion van. You're just a couple of blocks East of me....you should come over sometime! PM me and let me know if you want to shoot over sometime...

Warner

Hey Aaron, thanks for stopping by for a quick visit tonight! Nice to know I have a neighbor who's a fellow potentail MAB owner! I didn't mean to rush away but had to go pickup the wife from work. And now the cat's out of the bag since you've seen my project VW Bug. Pretty nasty, huh?

Talk to you soon,

Warner

PS - Here's some videos of the bug - nothing like a 200hp naturally aspirated, air-cooled engine in a 1600lb car. If the MAB doesn't get me into trouble with "the man", I'm sure this car will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N643o5NeUtU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq7ieJ1Cm4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ljlct6Rj3o

Here's a photo of it:

Bug2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back