Hey all, New User here

Omaha Red

Local time
8:12 AM
I just ran into a guy, my neighbor actually, who's running a, 80cc two stroke kit on his bike. I thought it was cool, so i'm investigating this new phenomenon. I just ordered one of them kits, and am excited to see how people are modifying these engines.

welcome omaha red, good luck with the 80cc I myself ride a 49cc, for me its not the destination its THE RIDE. now I don't even have a speedometer om my bike I just enjoy the ride, again welcome.

yeah, I went and ordered the 80cc version because there wern't much difference in price, and we have a lot of hills here. pretty excited to start the build. I'm sure it's a ton different than motorcycles.

you are right my friend I had not taken that into consideation, might want to look into the no spoke wheels, on ebay, I busted a couple of spokes several time on mine, so I got the new wheels. good luck.

well they are comming down on price, have not checked them lately, I think I paid $89.00 for the pair can't buy just the back one, I got the disk brake one and had to makes slight ajustment to bring the back sprocket into alignment but better then $50.00
every time I broke a few spokes. considered respoking but diden't want to invest the time every time I broke spokes.

NO, respoking is a tough nut to crack. Lacing spokes is one of the less glamourous tasks that motorcycle technicians must learn, and I have not the patience to do much more of it, that's for sure. Besides, i don't have dial micrometers to make absolutely sure the wheel is true Radially as well as laterally. Do you happen to remember where you got the mag wheels? I cannot seem to find 26" mags anywhere. Unless you count the carbon jobbies found at the mtb websites that are supposed to be drag free! :)

Red

Back