Hey all, New User here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Omaha Red, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

I just ran into a guy, my neighbor actually, who's running a, 80cc two stroke kit on his bike. I thought it was cool, so i'm investigating this new phenomenon. I just ordered one of them kits, and am excited to see how people are modifying these engines.

2. sprocket

sprocket New Member

welcome omaha red, good luck with the 80cc I myself ride a 49cc, for me its not the destination its THE RIDE. now I don't even have a speedometer om my bike I just enjoy the ride, again welcome.

3. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

yeah, I went and ordered the 80cc version because there wern't much difference in price, and we have a lot of hills here. pretty excited to start the build. I'm sure it's a ton different than motorcycles.

4. sprocket

sprocket New Member

you are right my friend I had not taken that into consideation, might want to look into the no spoke wheels, on ebay, I busted a couple of spokes several time on mine, so I got the new wheels. good luck.

5. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

no spokes? like mag wheels? are they expensive?

6. sprocket

sprocket New Member

well they are comming down on price, have not checked them lately, I think I paid $89.00 for the pair can't buy just the back one, I got the disk brake one and had to makes slight ajustment to bring the back sprocket into alignment but better then $50.00
    every time I broke a few spokes. considered respoking but diden't want to invest the time every time I broke spokes.

7. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

NO, respoking is a tough nut to crack. Lacing spokes is one of the less glamourous tasks that motorcycle technicians must learn, and I have not the patience to do much more of it, that's for sure. Besides, i don't have dial micrometers to make absolutely sure the wheel is true Radially as well as laterally. Do you happen to remember where you got the mag wheels? I cannot seem to find 26" mags anywhere. Unless you count the carbon jobbies found at the mtb websites that are supposed to be drag free! :smile:

Red