Hey all.

Zizzy

Local time
1:59 PM
Hello everybody! My name is Robert. I'm looking to turn one of my bikes into a motorized bike. The only question I have is, has anyone ever mounted a motor onto a BMX? Preferably a 49cc motor. If so, what were the demensions/model of the BMX? Thanks.

Yo, fellow noobie here. Don't really have anything to contribute as per your question but I did have one for you. Are you planning on doing tricks on this bike? Just curious.
Anyway, welcome.
- stoppit

Not planning on doing tricks. I just want a low bike for comfort and such, since I'm short, I'd prefer to mount a motor on a BMX for comfort.

Welcome Zizzy

That photo template is great. Use a ruler or tape measure when you photograph your bike, that way you'll have a scale on the photo so you can "scale" the picture of the engine to match up with the bike.

You might also consider using a rack mount on the rear tire using one of the friction drives offered by Staton, Dimension Edge, BikeMotorParts, there may also be other companies, those are just the ones I am aware of.

I installed a friction drive on a folding bike with a 20" diameter tire.
See http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=571

It works great on small diameter tires as long as they are not the knobby variety.

Back