Hey Folks, Noob here in South Carolina!

Mook

Local time
10:39 AM
This is a revisit for me. I have been tinkering around with small engines in one form or another since my high school days back in the late 70's.

I have and still race Go Karts on a local and regional level here in the southeast. Road Racing to be exact, Briggs engines on methanol, making just a tick over 13HP (corrected) at 7000 RPM. I have run Biggs, Yamaha, Kohler and Now Lifan Industrial engines. SO I have a fair basis for comparison.

Anyhoo.....that's a TOTALLY different story!

What am I doing here? Well, it's a story, but not so long. I like many folks received a wake up call from my Doc telling me that years of eating too much and not moving enough, plus smoking like a chimney have taken a toll on my body. The short answer, get moving!!! I did. I ride (unassisted) 16 to 20 miles a day three days a week. I feel 100% better! I've stopped smoking, my diabetes is under control and I MIGHT be losing some weight, but I haven't weighed myself.

SO.... Still here??

After riding my bike and doing all of my own maintenance. I wondered about the old Whizzers I saw when I was younger.

That's how I found this site. I have fell in love with the boardtrack racers.

But, what I want to do is build myself an SUB (Serious Utility Bike). I am looking into the possibility of starting with a Husky or a Worksman; stretching the wheelbase, mount my engine on the original chainstays and have a LONG bike with freight hauling capacity, like th extracycle, only heavier duty.

That's it in a nut shell. Thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to searching and finding what I need. Wish me Luck!!!

Welcome to ya ! Where in S.C. ? I am originally from Spartanburg, but now live in Fl.

Welcome another tuner!

Quote.

"I have and still race Go Karts on a local and regional level here in the southeast. Road Racing to be exact, Briggs engines on methanol, making just a tick over 13HP (corrected) at 7000 RPM. I have run Biggs, Yamaha, Kohler and Now Lifan Industrial engines. SO I have a fair basis for comparison. "

I'm guessing 4 stroke carts? 2 stroke tuner myself, background in (bikes) flat track and road racing.

But, what I want to do is build myself an SUB (Serious Utility Bike). I am looking into the possibility of starting with a Husky or a Worksman; stretching the wheelbase, mount my engine on the original chainstays and have a LONG bike with freight hauling capacity, like th extracycle, only heavier duty.
maybe you'll find some inspiration here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5028

welcome aboard :cool:

Back