Hey Hey Hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cheesus, May 7, 2008.

1. Cheesus

Cheesus New Member

Hey guys! I've been lurking the forum for a couple weeks now, it's finally time to become part of the community. It's time for my dad and I to start our annual summertime project, last year we built a home-made projector for guerilla movie nights outside and the year before we built what we call the Deathproof Go-kart for my nephew.

I plan to use this new bike to communte to work (10 miles one way) when the weather permits. The engine will be a Happy time, but I'm having trouble deciding on the bike.

I already have a Giant Rincon Mtn. bike which i love but i don't get to ride it as much as i'd want. It seems like it would be a fun ride with an HT on it, but I am really worried that the motor would be a hinderance when I just want to pedal the old fashion way. I just bought my girlfriend a nice mtn bike as a graduation present (Go Dawgs!), so she would kill me if I couldn't ride this thing comfortable without the engine engaged.

My other options is to get either a "Moondog" or a "Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser" from the Walmart. I don't have any experience with cruisers, they don't seem quite as fun to me but they at least look comfortable to ride and a big part of me wants to be the crazy guy who drives the Peewee looking motor bike to work. :lol:

For me this is quite a tough decision, any advice on the matter is more than welcome.

2. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

I ride a mountain bike with hppy time engine and personally I have never rode one of those cruiser bikes, but I would never swap it for my mountain bike! Much more comfortable with the shocks.

Anyway welcome to the forum, nice to see you have a good read through! If your questions haven't been answered then just ask!
    Fastboy

3. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

BSA

4. graucho

graucho Active Member

5. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome to MBC and good luck with your project!!

6. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

I am partial to what ever is available at the Pwn Shop, Goodwill or Salvation Army.
    Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

7. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to MBc! good luck on your decisions and happy motoring!