hey skliner

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by yamaslo, Jul 13, 2008.

1. yamaslo

yamaslo New Member

how about this

Attached Files:

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

That's nice. Please MORE pics. How in the $%^&*^%^& did you get the carb to fit? Extreme close up of carb would be appreciated.

Also, how did you mount the gas tank? Is it the traditional method.

Thanks for being a pioneer!

3. sparky

sparky Active Member

Yea, how'd you mount the gas tank? And how do you like the headlight setup? Is it running off the white wire?

P.S. Clean ride, yo!

4. yamaslo

yamaslo New Member

skyliner70cc:
    i don't type so good & i struggled to post this. fast answer i cut a section out of manfold & welded it back on angle. i work in machine shop. i did some more things too. why don't we swap phone #'s & e-mail? i wiill post some pictures later so others can see. have some ideas on the light too but need help. jerry 931 684 2976 jepigg@bellsouth.net

5. yamaslo

yamaslo New Member

skyliner

i'm going to past new thread so more people can see it

6. yamaslo

yamaslo New Member

skyliner

i machine 1/2 inch off rear mount & ground some out of front mount with air grinder to let motor down in frame further. i cut 3/16 out of the manifold & ground it of on about 15 degree angle & welded together. tank has the original strap on front & a dab of silicone rubber on rear. should have moved tank forward about 2 1/2 inches. removed gear change - don't need it anymore. i also removed the throttle adjuster from top of carb & elongated the hole so metal end of outer cable would go down in there.
    walmart had the white walls. the seat & luggage rack. fenders from ebay.
    need more?
    read the file names!

Attached Files: