Hi All from Long Island NY

jacliny

Local time
10:52 PM
Can't tell you all how helpful reading all this information has been, thank you so much! I've been building and repairing them out of my small bicycle shop for about three years now,what a joy! My wife commutes a total of 24 miles a day for work and loves every minute! Hope i can post some of my finding here as well. Thanks again ! Joe

the only reason she gets stopped is by cops that say" wow what a great idea, where'd you get it and can i try it out". she's been riding it comming on three yrs now and all shes ever gotten where positive results. Never had one bit of a problem with the law. however she rides with a good quality helmet, goggles , lights and rear view mirrors, and abides by all the rules of the road(well almost all of them)lol.

I'm champing at the bit to do my first build. Prolem is that I'm living in a place called COOP CITY (Near City Island), and I don't want to have it taken from me by the cops.

well, in truth we live in a pretty rural area, horse farms and such, most of the cops are local and kinda know everyone in the area. My advice to you is to follow the law! being in NY city can be a problem im sure, but it wouldnt hurt to talk to the local cops on the beat and try and get some feedback from them before making a decision to build or not. NYC may have different laws on the books reguarding these bikes i really dont know. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Back