Hi all

I

indyjones

Just thought I'd check in and say hello to all. I'm a noob at this so you'll have to forgive my total ignorance. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of dumb questions later, but will be reading a lot of the post's first to try to get up to speed. I am currently working on a new Schwinn Skyliner and Point Beach with the Whopper Stopper kit. The point beach seems like its going to be pretty easy to convert...the Skyliner is going to be difficult and will require many mods to complete. Ok well thanks all for any help you can offer and a big hello from indyjones..

Attachments

• schwinn_pointbeach01.jpg
    schwinn_pointbeach01.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 154
a very pretty motoredbike...and a spot-on 1st post. seein' as how you're on the cutting edge with the 4-stroke kits, you'll probably be answering more "dumb" questions than you'll be asking :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

That cruiser looks great. Please let us know about your Skyliner build. I think I'd like to replace the HT on my Skyliner with a 4 stroke kit and I'd like to benefit from your experiences.

These are some of the issues with the Skyliner build.

1. Not enough room on the handlebars for the shifter and the throttle.
Suggestion: Replace Handlebar with "cruiser" type handlebar or change shifter to racing bike type levers or both.
2. Stock Pedals do not clear the engine and replacement crank is not correct type.
Suggestions: Modify (extend) existing pedal crank..(don't know about this yet..any suggestions appreciated)
3. Muffler is too close to bicycle frame and burns the paint (after truing engine and chain to drive sprocket.
Suggestion: Take to muffler shop and rebend the down tube to clear frame.
4. Brake cables are now too short using cruiser handlebars and must get longer cables.

As I really haven't begun this project yet with ernest I'm sure there will be many other issues to be resolved, but this I noticed right away.

OMG what a beautiful ride! Welcome to MBc. I agree with Augi you will be asked more then you will ask. Glad you are here.

Welcome to MBc!

If you got the wrong wide crank, I am sure someone here will have what you need and want what you have.

I love the look of the frame mounted 4 stroke

welcome to MBc ! :D
very nice lookin schwinn
I am trying for the same look with my jaguar
I love the look of the oldschool racks (just suits it IMO)

that is such a sweet schwinn, im drooling, please give us more pics of engine ect.

Back