Hi all :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jacksdad, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jacksdad

jacksdad New Member

New to all this - I'm in the process of finding a good gas engine kit to fit my budget for my 1999 Giant EB Comp mountain bike. I use the bike to commute 20 miles most mornings and I thought it'd be nice to have some help on the days when I'm not feeling as perky as I did 20 years ago. With gas prices hovering just below the $4 mark, 100+ mpg also appeals. I regularly ride with my kid using an Adams trailer bike - anybody know where I'll stand legally if we hitch it up and use the gas engine for some trips? I'm in San Diego, California. It's nice to know there's a lot of like minded people out there - just wanted to say hi :grin:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008

2. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard, Jacksdad. We have a thread section on laws and regulations in the various states and a lot of riders in California. I think most of your questions can be answered.
  3. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  4. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day & welcome to MBc.
    Any Giant rider must be worth his salt..have fun here man.
  5. graucho

graucho Active Member

Welcome Jacksdad! Were home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
  6. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Welcome JacksDad. Glad to have you. Lots of information on a lot things here to be gotten.
  7. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome Jacksdad, Glad you are here.
  8. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

welcome to MBc :)
  9. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Welcome aboard.

10. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

if you're planning to pull a trailer bike with a child on it, you may need to think ahead about your exaust, and where the fumes are going. Just throwing that out there!

good luck!
  11. jacksdad

jacksdad New Member

The exhaust thing has been bothering me. I may have to route it off to the side. Thanks everyone - I've never felt so welcome on a forum :grin:
  12. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome jacksdad by the way wheres jack? The best thing to do is read, read and read some more...theres everything under the sun just waiting to be found at your fingertips...good luck and happy motoring...:shock:
  13. jacksdad

jacksdad New Member

Jack's over at his grandparents, undoubtedly getting spoiled...
  14. KanesKustoms

KanesKustoms Member

15. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

I use a Trek tag-a-long bike to carry my boys (1 at a time) and my exhaust points straight down. The only complaint I ever get is the ride is never long enough or fast enough.
  16. jacksdad

jacksdad New Member

drimpact - thanks for that. He's looking forward to his first ride. Is that your bike your using as an avatar? Is so, where did you get the exhaust? I'm planning on building one with an expansion chamber and extending it back along the frame a little way, but if they're commercially available it'll save me the job of welding one up.
  17. Actually the exhaust may mellow out the....never mind. :grin: