Hi compression slanted head 80cc?

solitus3989

Local time
2:03 AM
Decided to repost in a new thread, since i had no luck at the end of a different thread. so i apologize if you read this twice.

Hey there - I have the '80cc' Happy time engine. (same one featured on zoombicycles).

is http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/6...over-80cc-Slant-Head-Cylinder-Cover-A-2B.html that what im looking for?

Also, do i have to order extra/spare/replacement head gaskets?
OR should i do what i did for the bottom, stock gasket that eventually failed - clear out all the old gasket and fill with high temp copper rtv?

heh, I bought the last one they have in stock this morning. So you don't need to worry about it :p

I was just wondering if this was, in fact, a high compression head.

Also, i have heard problems of the new high compression heads not fitting properly, and requiring multiple gaskets in order to make it seal correctly.

couldn't you just take a stock head and sand the bottom on a piece of sandpaper (on a sheet of glass or stone counter top) to raise the compression?

How about just using a longer spark plug to reduce the area in the top of the cylinder? :unsure:

couldn't you just take a stock head and sand the bottom on a piece of sandpaper (on a sheet of glass or stone counter top) to raise the compression?

How about just using a longer spark plug to reduce the area in the top of the cylinder? :unsure:

Exactry. For most folks this is a better option and it keeps the hemi head thing. Jim is gonna do some more serious head shaving when he gets back from loafing in the woods (besides I'm about dead working my keester off)

Back