Hi Everyone. New Electric nut onboard

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kepler, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Kepler

Kepler New Member

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to the motorized bike seen but have been a keen aero modeler for 30 years concentrating mainly on large electric RC Helicopters. This experience is proving handy with my builds to date and have converted 3 folding push scooters to electric using high powered RC gear. My current project is a full size folding scooter with a 2.5kW RC motor running of 10 Headway cells. This machine is good for just over 40 kph and has a range of 15km.

My next project will be to convert my MTB to electric. This won't be anything ground breaking but want it to be a serious piece of kit running on 72V and probably a 408 motor at this stage.

Anyway, I hope I can bring some useful discussion to the forum and look forward to learning from other people's experiences.

Cheers

John

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

We have several *electric nuts* here with room for more.:jester: Welcome

3. professor

professor Active Member

Are you in the UK or down under by any chance? Those scooters look scary to me, I'm glad you are doing a bike! Welcome to Motoredbikes!

I made a Mongoose into an E-bike with scooter parts (goes slow-just right for me).
    Working on E-bike with on-board 24v generation (winter project)

4. Kepler

Kepler New Member

I'm down under. Melbourne Australia to be exact. The scooter is surprisingly stable although I don't recommend going 40 kph to often :helmet:. I tend to cruise at around 25 to 30 kph which is quite compfortable

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  5. professor

professor Active Member

There's a couple of guys from your neck of the woods that are into electrics, AussieSteve and AussieJester come to my mind. Sharp guys. Check out the Electric section.

6. Kepler

Kepler New Member

I've read lots of their posts on the other bike forum. Lots of good information picked up so far.