Hi Everyone. New Electric nut onboard

Kepler

Local time
7:41 AM
Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to the motorized bike seen but have been a keen aero modeler for 30 years concentrating mainly on large electric RC Helicopters. This experience is proving handy with my builds to date and have converted 3 folding push scooters to electric using high powered RC gear. My current project is a full size folding scooter with a 2.5kW RC motor running of 10 Headway cells. This machine is good for just over 40 kph and has a range of 15km.

My next project will be to convert my MTB to electric. This won't be anything ground breaking but want it to be a serious piece of kit running on 72V and probably a 408 motor at this stage.

Anyway, I hope I can bring some useful discussion to the forum and look forward to learning from other people's experiences.

Cheers

John

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in the UK or down under by any chance? Those scooters look scary to me, I'm glad you are doing a bike! Welcome to Motoredbikes!

I made a Mongoose into an E-bike with scooter parts (goes slow-just right for me).
Working on E-bike with on-board 24v generation (winter project)

I'm down under. Melbourne Australia to be exact. The scooter is surprisingly stable although I don't recommend going 40 kph to often :helmet:. I tend to cruise at around 25 to 30 kph which is quite compfortable

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a couple of guys from your neck of the woods that are into electrics, AussieSteve and AussieJester come to my mind. Sharp guys. Check out the Electric section.

Back