hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grezm0nkey, Jul 15, 2008.

1. grezm0nkey

grezm0nkey Member

hi everybody, stumbled into this forum a couple weeks ago surfing for a beach cruiser. really had no plans for a motor. initially it was to get some exercise and spend some time with my newborn. new daddy here with 7 month girl. took some leave time from work and wanted one of those trailers to drag baby around. i am originally from nyc but moved to socal 6 years and counting. figured id ride along the beaches and such. while surfing for a cruiser it popped up a bike with a motor in it.....cooool. one or two google searches and i have been shadowing motoredbikes for a few weeks now. not new to forums, so i hung back to read up, like most forums mention. great forum might i add. lots of tinkers and im sure a sprinkle of gearheads. by trade im a mechanic. dont get to tinker much after the baby, i just get other job assignments from mama. you know, the door lock and the diaper bin. a few squirts of baby spit....we good. i have 14 miles between work and home. go-go juice being what it is only makes sense to commute on a motored bike. not to mention just scooting around on it would be great fun. so as far as where i stand now with a bike.....none. i sold my motorcycle after the kid and had my, and wifes, electra cruisers stolen about a year ago. i didnt chain them up, was in back yard and it was around xmas, and poof....they rode off in the middle of the night. anyway, i have been reading quietly, i have decided on a frame, but not a motor, i will start another thread in the right area. just sticking to the rules here, so hello to one and all. i wish you safe and wonderful journeys in life and on your rides. i hope to contribute and share in this new venture. cheers.

howie

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Howie. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392