Hi-Flow Muffler Fell Apart after 10.1 Miles.

Hal the Elder

Local time
8:14 PM
I started up Oscar today to put on the final 10 miles before my 100 mile oil change, and noticed the rear baffle was hanging out the end of the tailpipe.

What do I do now, Mike...order another one? :mad:
HAL.

Attachments

• IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 302
Baffle with lightweight welding

HI Hal I will ask Whizzer for a replacement for you, I know you have only had this a very short time. If you lived near me, I would simply weld that end right back on. However it's a bit too far, and I don't make house-calls with actlyn torches!!!

I can call them monday, as I need to compile a parts order also.

Mike

Thanks, Mike, But...

...I noticed the welds on my stock muffler baffles are much more substantial-looking than the inadequate-looking welds on the Hi-Flow, so I was thinking of using my 1" diameter rotary ball file to open up the stock baffles to the same diameter as the Hi-Flow.

The Hi-Flow baffle openings are 1.015", so I could just about equal that flow area with the rotary ball file.

Should I do that or wait for a replacement Hi-Flow?

I started Oscar up with a Straight Pipe a few minutes ago...he sounded like "Half-a-Harley!"

I could get used to the noise, but it would probably disturb our local Coyotes!

HAL

Last edited:
Lost out again!

Hi Hal, due to my rather haphazard message system at my computer desk, I cannot locate where I wrote your number.

However, I did find my telephone, and my computer, so here is what I did.

I called Whizzer, on your behalf, on monday, and spoke to Debbie, who was kind enough to tell me she will ship you a warrenty replacement for the failed unit, and the call-tag return sticker to pre-pay the old one's return, all at no charge!

I am sure it is not going to get any better than this. Sometimes, as in this case, they want the warrenty part back to get a closer look, and to get credit form their manufacturers.

This is the very first baffle mishap that I have ever seen, or even heard of, from 1999 to present! I have no idea why, nor reason to suspect, that after all these bikes that you would be the chosen one! Consider yourself lucky, or, at the very least, well-treated.

Thanks for your patience,

Mike

Hey Motorizedbikemichael:

That's great news, Mike!

Yes, I DO consider myself lucky and well-treated by both Debbie and Yourself! :cool:

It's nice to know that one has CARING friends on this Forum!

Ol' Hal says Happy New Year to Y'all!

Whizzer Warranty Service In Action!

HEY!

Today I got my replacement Hi-Flow muffler insert in the mail from Whizzer!

Yep...they're on the ball, and FAST! The package included a prepaid Call Tag to affix to my return package containing the defective part, which will be shipped to Lisa Garwood at Whizzer USA in Carrollton, Texas.

The new insert looks better than the first one, with the perforated tube being welded flush to both baffles, with nothing to trim off.

I'll install it tomorrow and give Oscar some "Post 100-Mile" exercise!

Thanks to you for getting this all arranged at no cost to me, Motorbike Mike!

HAL

Back