Hi from China

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ChinaPhil, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ChinaPhil

ChinaPhil New Member

My name is Phil and I am an ex-pat living in the South of China. I ride mainly along the numerous hill / mountain paths on a Fuji Odessa with a Cyclone 500W kit and 20Ah 24V LiFePo4 battery.

2. jared3377

jared3377 Member

Welcome, Phil! :grin:
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Welcome Phil --- We see and hear that motorized bicycles are RIDDEN A LOT IN CHINA.. Very cool ---- Happy Riding from - Mountainman
  4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBC from the west edge of the Giant Side of Texas!
  5. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Other than being a lucky dog living in China how is the heat?

I travel in the south of China for 5 years of my life.
  6. ChinaPhil

ChinaPhil New Member

The heat is not so bad, the problem at the moment is the heavy rain (many typhoons over the last few weeks). The battery is not a problem because it is in a waterproof carrier, however, the motor is slung below the bottom bracket and is exposed to the elements.
  7. Pablo

What general area are you near? I've seen a few of the weather reports.
  8. ChinaPhil

ChinaPhil New Member

Near Shenzhen, which is very close to Hong Kong.
  9. Pablo

Ni hao! Mei wenti.

I know Shenzhen quite well actually. I was dealing with factories there, Donguan, and the whole SEZ. I would take the train, walk over the borders, etc, sometimes I would take the ferry from Hong Kong. I miss that part of my life terribly but my family needed me at home more that 50% of the year. Being a USA PNW'er - anytime from May - Oct seemed way too hot for me. Winter was great - I never needed a jacket, but all the girls were freezing at night.
  10. Alan

Alan Member

Welcome. I also have a Fuji Odessa, which was electric 24v 400w powered for over 7 years. Now it's a 2-stroke gas.
    The old electric unit is getting a second life on Augi's Hybrid "Bluto"

Has gasoline hit 3.00/gal yet ?
  11. ChinaPhil

ChinaPhil New Member

Petrol (gas) is approximately US$0.75/l so it is close to US$3.00/US gal. I have not owned a car for the last 8 years so I checked a few local garages.
  12. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

hey welcome to mbc man