Hi from Melb Australia

saolom

Local time
2:48 PM
G'Day 2 all people! Looking to enjoy my self here on this forum! Just bought a 80cc Kit and can't wait to put it all 2 gether.

Welcome to this Forum,is it a HT (happy time? engine), if so I wish you luck you'll need it.Chinese engines have a less than stellar reputation in the US generally speaking.I don't know if the Aussi ones are any different.Someone came up with a 20 point check&recondition list of things to do.If you were to follow that, it could keep you out of trouble and you'd have fewer hassles to contend with.The best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome aboard.

Don't let our friend from Virginia get you down. It's true that HT reputation is less-than-stellar, but only a little less. A lot of us are as happy as anything with ours. I'll admit, though, that there seems to be a bit of luck involved. There does seem to be a few lemons out there. As long as you avoided that, you should be fine.

So get it built and have fun. Photos would be cool.

If ordinary hardware often is sub-standard,if headbolts are prone not to stay put,not to mention other deficiencies,it only behooves one to alert interested parties to be on their guard.I wonder what you would consider sub-standard.Maybe you can give him sage advice on how to avoid lemons.I tell him to look around in our archives for useful PRACTICAL info that could prove helpful .Just a thorough initial inspection is likely to pay off.Your M.O. seems to be that "ignorance is bliss" (until things fall apart)& never worry about a thing,mine is "be prepared" and be vigilant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back